Controls Engineer - Permanent - $80,000-$130,000 + 20+ bonus - New York or Virginia
Talos Automation are working closely with one of our newest clients who specialise in warehouse order fulfilment. With a need for highly motivated experienced Automation Controls Engineer to join their controls team in either their New York or Virginia offices. Our client are specifically looking for professionals with 3-5 years of experience with a BSEE degree or equal experience in a related field.
The primary function of the position is systems project execution, including development of Control Programs and systems interfacing for conveyor and associated automated devices. This involves management of control panel builds, electricians, and other related crafts. The role would team with our clients Engineering and field Project Managers to plan and execute several system project installations simultaneously and will require you to be on-site during the installation and testing of our solutions.
- Evaluate and analyse customer requirements to provide input into the overall solution design and project proposals.
- Work with project management and external vendors to supply necessary information to take concept to design approval phase.
- Designing and test PLC control cabinets.
- Generate bills of materials, source material, and parts.
- Design, Develop, test, install and support PLC based controls systems on large-scale automated pick-pack-ship line including warehouse management system using Allen Bradley and Siemens hardware and tools.
- Review layouts for accuracy and details required for approvals.
- Writing descriptions of operation and develop detailed RFQs
- Act as the technical lead for assigned clients and be the technical liaison with those clients
- 3+ years proficiency in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD
- 2+ years' experience developing automation software using Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC hardware and software.
- 2+ years' experience with troubleshooting and commission PLC solutions
- Experience performing, I/O checkout and wiring verification
- 1+ years working with SCADA
- 2+ years designing and troubleshooting control cabinets
- Willing to travel 25 to 35% of the time to customer sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position comes with a base salary between $80,000k - $130,000k + 20% bonus + Benefits. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Talos is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.