Senior Director, Network Analytics Job
|Location: San Francisco, California
|Date Posted: 11/24/2022
|Job Code: 17002IN-2191
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California's Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
The Director, Network Analytics is responsible for providing data and analytics to support network development, network contracting, network reimbursement, provider performance measurement and provider reporting.
This position reports to VP, Enterprise Analytics and Informatics, with dotted line to SVP of Network in the HCQA organization.
The Director, leads a team of analysts, uses a variety of analytic tools and techniques to develop financial scenarios and reimbursement models for contract negotiation with providers. The Director is a trusted adviser and a partner with the network contracting team. He/she has a good understanding of regional provider network, and works collaboratively with the Network team to develop network strategy overall, and by geography. The Director develops and executes provider performance measurement strategy to support network development and provider reimbursement strategy.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Oversees the creation of hospital contract negotiation material and modeling, and participates in negotiation process.
- Oversees professional fee schedule development and participates in physician group contracts negotiation.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and reconciliation of physician risk contracts and capitated arrangement.
- D evelops data and analytic strategy in conjunction with the Network Organization
- Works collaboratively with Data Services and other analytic teams in the company to execute the data and analytic strategy
• Develops provider performance measurement framework
• Produces provider performance comparison
• Delivers provider reporting for Pay for Performance program
• Manage team: hiring and training, performance and salary reviews, promotions and disciplinary matters for direct reporting employees.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration, public health, economics, statistics, computer science, finance, or a relevant field. Master's preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in network analytics; experience in capitated model and California market is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in analyzing health care insurance claims data
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in data analysis tools, including but not limited to SAS, SQL, SPSS, Access, Cognos, Tableau.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience leading an analytics/ research team.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Blue Shield of California
|Company: Blue Shield of California