|Location: Butler, Missouri
||Date Posted: 10/4/2022
|Wage: Up to $38.00 per hour + $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
|Job Code: 8656/13839
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The main purpose of the Dental Hygienist role is to ensure the delivery of quality dental services and to eliminate oral disease through preventive
education, early intervention and comprehensive dental care. Positively influence healthy behaviors through outreach programs within our communities.
*This is a part-time position.
- Assist in Education/Promote oral health through presentations in local schools, civic organizations, community programs and various other entities
- Promote and assist with the implementation of the Preventive Services Program (PSP) in local schools
- Perform patient screenings
- Assess oral health conditions
- Review of health history
- Perform oral cancer screening
- Perform head and neck inspection, along with intra oral and extra oral examination
- Dental charting accurately reflecting procedures and encounters
- Take and record blood pressure and pulse
- Take dental radiographs diagnosed by dentist
- Works closely with providing dentist to meet the oral health care needs of the patient
- Reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate with team members to provide emergency care to patients
- Assist with meeting Compass Health's production, and encounter goals by provider
- Remove calculus and plaque from all surfaces of patient's teeth
- Applying preventive materials to patients' teeth (sealants, fluoride)
- Educate patients about appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Counsel patients about nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Make impressions of patient's teeth for study casts
- professional communication amongst team, and patients
- ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions
- conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Follow OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines
- Work in sterilization lab area
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel to other dental clinics, as needed
- Associate's degree in dental hygiene required
- Bachelor's degree in dental hygiene preferred
QUALIFICATION(S): WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrates professional commitment to providing services to underserved persons
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software
- A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage upon hire (or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire) required
Dental Hygienist in the state of Missouri required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness."
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Compass Health Network
|Company: Compass Health Network