Senior Financial Analyst Job
|Location: El Dorado Hills, California
|Date Posted: 9/24/2022
|Job Code: 170028X-2191
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California's Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
The Finance Customer Experience team are the financial business partners to the Customer Experience Operations area. The team functions as subject matter experts to provide consultative financial and strategic planning insight along with administrative services to key Customer Experience key stakeholders impact their financial business decisions
The Finance Customer Experience team seeks to add a Senior Financial Analyst who will have the opportunity to assist with the achievement of Blue Shield of California's strategic objectives, which may include Health Care Reform, long-term strategic planning, and benchmarking. In addition, the person in this role will assist in generating and compiling management/executive reports, graphs and presentations, progress reports, or other ad hoc requests.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an individual contributor role that reports to the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Dashboard maintenance and reporting for key performance metrics
- Enable management to make data driven decisions by providing clear and accurate financial summaries
- Monthly financial reporting, variance analysis, and management presentation (verbal and written)
- Month-end close activities including coordination and review of journal entries and consolidated financials
- Develop and maintain financial and demand forecasting models; collect and evaluate data, analyze results.
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans.
- Monthly and Quarterly Departmental and Corporate Reporting
- Monthly and year end accrual support; invoice management
- Annual blanket purchase order administration
- Cross-train as back up and support for lead analysts
- Plan and monitor timelines to meet strict deadlines
- Interface and prepare executive level reports for all levels of management
- Drive process improvements; perform independent analyses and make recommendation
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to streamline processes, develop and revise policies and procedures
- Strategic project tracking and cost allocation maintenance
Job Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 4 - 7 years experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills & proficiency in other MS Office products
- Demonstrated self-starter who can attack complex business problems with little guidance and direction
- Experience in supporting executive management
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize complex activities under tight deadlines
- Hyperion Planning / Essbase experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Blue Shield of California
|Company: Blue Shield of California