Actuarial Model Programming and Data Analysis Job
|Location: San Francisco, California
|Date Posted: 9/24/2022
|Job Code: 1700250-2191
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California's Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
Create and maintain actuarial pricing models in response to underwriting and legislative demands and actuarial methodology enhancements. Collect, analyze and synthesize data to guide business decision making for BSC large group pricing
- Gather cross-functional business requirements and specifications from key stakeholders, and implement technical solutions.
- Communicate modeling and data constraints to key stakeholders and propose alternative solutions where applicable.
- Troubleshoot and resolve model user issues and update models as required.
- Identify and resolve gaps in process efficiency and key controls.
- Test all model changes and reconcile monthly data loads.
- Contribute to user and technical documentation and training for consumers of pricing model tools.
Assesses the validity, accuracy, completeness and reliability of data collected and reported.
Develop and conduct evaluations and studies within limited time frames and produce analyses that are easy for non-technical persons to understand.
Ad hoc analysis as requested.
Bachelors or above in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, computer science, or a business-related field such as finance, economics. Actuarial students are welcome to apply.
- Intermediate VBA programming for Excel.
- SQL relational database experience, with preference for SQL Server, Oracle, or Netezza
Minimum Experience Level:
Typically has 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in an academic setting.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Blue Shield of California
|Company: Blue Shield of California