IT Application Lifecycle Manager Job
|Location: El Dorado Hills, California
|Date Posted: 9/23/2022
|Job Code: 17002H6-2191
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California's Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
The Lifecycle Manager for the IT Applications Lifecycle Management team will be responsible for managing and driving the planning, assessment and release activities of various vendor product releases/upgrades and related technology components. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running in lifecycle management of key applications, as well as bring their experience and skills to help transform our Lifecycle operations and methodologies within our team and across our delivery partners.
In partnership with Product Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Services and other IT/Business stakeholders, the Lifecycle Manager will manage, plan and drive the implementation of complex application releases to keep the application current and enable the introduction of new features and capabilities that meet strategic and mandated program needs.
Position reports to the Manager of IT Applications Lifecycle Management within IT Application Services-Product Engineering.
- Lead cross functional team, consisting of business and technology stakeholders, to plan, assess, manage, develop, test and implement vendor product upgrades, release packages and hot fixes on an ongoing basis
- Plan and manage several applications/platforms release lifecycle activities including impact assessment, design, remediation, testing and deployment
- Partner with Integrated Release and Quality Assurance Managers to ensure that end-to-end processes and complex system integration points are functioning as expected
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to monitor progress, manage issues and risks, and initiate escalations for each release cycle
- Define and implement communications plans to ensure release transparency and timely updates on the project plan, release schedule, status, and critical issues and risks
- Plan, manage and drive delivery of technology introduction, maintenance and retirement activities.
- Create business cases to justify investments in IT Applications and supporting technology upgrades.
- Contribute to driving the maturity of the Lifecycle Management competency including:
- Vendor package release management
- Change Impact Analysis
- Capacity, Performance and Scalability Analysis
- Metrics and reporting
Job Required Education/Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related area; Master degree preferred
- 8+ years experience with managing enterprise technology systems such as Facets, EDI, Web, Mobile, or similar Healthcare Administration/ERP technologies. Experience in managing lifecycle with cloud-based corporate systems (i.e. Documentum, Smartcommunications, Oracle Fusion).
- Strong project and conflict management skills
- 8+ years of strong experience with managing complex technology projects with multiple work streams in a crossfunctionaland highly matrix organization
- 8+ years of strong experience with application and infrastructure release and change management
- Strong understanding of underlying application and infrastructure technologies involved in building and maintaining health plan core business administrative systems.
- Experience with multiple software development lifecycles, e.g. Agile, RUP, iterative, waterfall
- Experience with managing vendor delivery
- Ability to build strong relationships to drive alignment on project delivery
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with an ability to communicate effectively with business and technical audiences
Generally requires 8 to 12 years of directly related professional experience and possesses deep technical abilities in one or more primary products, programs or technologies
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Blue Shield of California
|Company: Blue Shield of California