You'll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving MagnetŪ Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you'll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a MagnetŪ-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Sterile Processing Technician - Bozeman
BOZEMAN SURGERY CENTER - 7225 (BILLINGS CLINIC BOZEMAN AMBULATORY)
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE + Bozeman Differential
Provides sterile processing (steam, ETO gas, Sterrad, Steris) services for the Surgery Center.
Essential Job Functions
- Decontamination: rendering contaminated instruments and medical services safe for handling. Demonstrates consistent utilization of PPE and standard precautions. Demonstrates appropriate handling of instruments and appropriate use of equipment. Disposes of trash and used linens in an appropriate manner.
- Instrument assembly: assembling instrument sets for surgery and specialty trays for use where required. Adheres to appropriate count sheets, instruments checked for function and cleanliness, and count sheets are adjusted as necessary and are signed and dated appropriately. Containers are prepared, labeled and locked. Sets are recorded. Adheres to quality control standards of three (3) errors or less per month.
- Packaging: Responsible for proper wrapping or peel packaging of items for sterilization, utilization of tip protectors as needed, and use of appropriate chemical integrator and tape. Labeling is accurate and legible. Adheres to quality control standards of three (3) or less per month.
- Sterilization: container prep, wrapping, logging, equipment operation, monitoring by charts, grafts, biological and chemical monitor interpretation and required recording. Sterilizer carts are loaded per established standards; inventory is documented, biological monitor use as required. Accurate sterilizer monitoring for parameters. Loads information on stamps, and demonstrates appropriate handling of sterile items.
- Picking Cases: Utilizes the computer for printing surgery schedules and pick sheets. Demonstrates ability to use appropriate size case carts and to follow supply list accurately. Adheres to quality control standards of two (2) or less errors per month.
- Variety of essential tasks: computer use for all surgery cases, preparing surgery case carts from print lists, transporting carts to surgery, retrieval of specialty trays and medical devices from user areas, responding to frequent phone requests, etc.
- Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory system/departmental requirements.
- Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
- Participants in process improvement activities and utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality and safety.
- Notifies Clinical Coordinator of new or unfamiliar equipment to determine proper cleaning and sterilization procedures.
Certifications and Licenses
- Certification in sterile processing, CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) through IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management) or equivalent is preferred but not required
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.