Starting Wage of $18 an hour!
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, personal care, paints and chemicals.
As a Production Worker with Mauser Packaging Solutions in Cincinnati, you hold a very important role in our manufacturing and delivery chain. Without you, Mauser could not recycle and reuse shipping materials, reducing our carbon footprint - and without you, our customers would not be able to receive those containers to ship their products. We rely on you for your hard work and will reward you for a job well done.
Throughout your shift here, beginning at either 6 AM or 4 PM, you'll be helping to wash, dry, inspect, test, destroy, label, pack, and store drums and tote containers. Which specific job you have depends where your manpower is needed each day. You may operate a power washer, a vacuum, a forklift, or other tools.
This environment is not climate-controlled and it can be loud at times. Because we are washing out containers which previously held chemicals, there can be a chemical odor.
You will be on your feet for most of your shift, doing physically demanding work. The job is not difficult, but it is a bit strenuous and repetitive. This job is not for everyone, but it is very stable work with a very friendly team. You'll go home tired and proud.
To thrive in this role, you must be physically able to lift a 35-lb plastic bottle over and over. You must have enough math skills to count totes and drums as they are loaded and unloaded. You should have a great work ethic - you show up every day, on time, with a great attitude ready to help this team do its best. A high school diploma or equivalent is required, as well as reliable transportation.
Here's what you can expect on a typical shift as a Production Worker with Mauser Packaging Solutions:
- Camaraderie - many of our employees have been here for several years. They're all very friendly and get along very well with one another and they're eager to help out the newbies. If you bring a positive attitude, you'll fit right in.
- Forklift traffic - it's a warehouse environment and there's lots of forklift activity. If you'd like to learn and be certified on a forklift, we can make that happen.
- Cleaning - we're cleaning and inspecting containers for the whole shift, but we have to keep our equipment and facility clean, as well. We're all called on to clean up from time to time.
- Safety - safety is very important to us. You will have a safety meeting at nearly every shift. We will provide you with PPE and anything else you need to perform your work safely. We expect you to always behave in a safe manner and go home each day in the same condition in which you arrived.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies - BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS - Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale: of natural resources, supply chains, packaging performance, and growth opportunities. Visit mauserpackaging.com.
- Demonstrates ability to meet production standards on specific assignments within required time
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean work areas in assigned space
- Performs all assignments in accordance with safety specifications, instructions, and requirements
- Responsible for safety and quality throughout production
- Responsible for notifying a Production Lead or Supervisor when they step off the line to ensure safety and quality standards are maintained
- Reports all production waste/issues to Production Lead or Supervisor
- Performs other duties as required by Supervisor or Manager
- Follows all company policies and procedures
This position is eligible for the Mauser Packaging Solutions new hire retention program. This program aims to show of appreciation for the talents and expertise that the you will provide to the Mauser Packaging Solutions.
- Upon 180 of active employment, you will be eligible for a $750.00 bonus.
- Payout will occur in three (3) installments.
- $250.00 payable after 30 days of employment
- $250.00 payable after 90 days of employment
- $250.00 payable after 180 days of employment
If at any time in the process you are voluntarily or involuntarily terminated from Mauser Packaging Solutions, you will no longer be eligible to receive the sign-on bonus incentive.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understand plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Troubleshoot problems and report issues
- Must work well in team environment
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to be on feet up to 8-12 hours per shift
- Use of hands and fingers to perform job function
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend and climb
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.