The primary job objective of the Environmental Health & Safety Manager is to manage the environmental compliance and safety program for the plant. This manager is also responsible in supporting policies, goals and objectives within the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each necessary duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Manages all health & safety related activities and assessments
- Manage environmental compliance program
- Confirm all permits are up to date
- Responsible for monitoring that all requirements and regulations are met
- Follow programs and procedures required to ensure plant security & safety
- Understand all OSHA regulations and reporting rules
- Responsible for employees being properly trained for their duties required to perform
- Work with Chief Operating Officer to ensure plant is maintained in a clean, professional manner
- Emergency Management
- Environmental testing and reporting experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- General office equipment
- Possess written and Verbal Communications Skills
- Strong Basic Math Skills
- Basic knowledge of state pollution control standards
- 7 years' experience in safety and compliance programs in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree
For more information please apply below or contact Matt Norgaard directly at 605-978-5404 or resumes may be sent to email@example.com.
grain, ehs, manufacturing, environmental, health, safety, ethanol, biodiesal, biofuel, food, food processing,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.