Quality Sr. Specialist Job
|Location: Jackson County, Tennessee
||Date Posted: 7/20/2022
|Job Code: 899
General Summary: To plan, develop, implement quality systems to ensure plant parts meet or exceed customer expectations. Responsible for investigating, analyzing, containing, and correcting quality problems related to final customer products. This position may also perform audits and implement new strategies to improve the condition of plant quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as liaison between plant and its customers/suppliers providing quality related technical assistance in the investigation, containment, and resolution of quality problems.
- Coordinate each phase of the quality control/assurance activities of new and existing projects to ensure product quality, schedules, and time frames meet customer requirements.
- Collect information and research data related to quality standard requirements to comply with customer requirements.
- Analyze and provide input regarding quality of raw materials, purchased parts, and other items required to manufacture automotive interiors parts and components.
- Review material lists of conformance to company standard practices in regard to parts and materials used.
- Analyze processes for improvements, failure modes, stability, and capability.
- Coordinate process change requests and Engineering Change Instruction (ECI) implementation related to quality assurance activities including preparing supporting documentation, change point tracking, communications, sample part reviews, and scheduling trial parts.
- Ensure that any new inspection equipment for the product/process is approved and maintained in the calibration system.
- Work with the Manufacturing department to initiate effective containment, investigation, and countermeasure activities to prevent further outflow in-house and to customer.
- Conduct quality audits including performing vehicle (end use applications) evaluations, problem analysis, and providing design/redesign input.
- Manage and maintain quality assurance documents including quality assurance plan, tool progress report, evaluation plan, inspection standards, supplier and customer quality standards, Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM), Quality Assurance Standards (QAS), Process Flow, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Manufacturing Quality Chart/Control Plan (MQC/CP), Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR), etc.
- Support and assist with planning, development, and implementation of quality systems and activities with suppliers to ensure supplier parts meet or exceed plant and customer expectations.
- Oversee and support service part quality issues and warranty claims as necessary.
- Assist in developing quality management system (e.g., TS 16949) based procedures and instructions.
- Initiate, prepare, and present plans for quality improvements and train required team members.
- Complete miscellaneous reporting, administrative, and other quality related functions for the Quality Control department as required including QC Circle participation, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, quality dojo creation/training, and launch document preparation, etc.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Additional trade education and Quality certifications are preferred.
- Greater than 6 years of relevant manufacturing quality experience required, preferably automotive.
- Greater than 4 years of industrial inspection experience required.
- Quality Control program launch experience for new programs.
- Experience creating PPAP and Manufacturing Quality Chart (MQC) documents.
- Experience with manufacturing processes, tooling, quality control methods, and statistical process control (SPC).
- Experience with Toyota launch systems and requirements preferred.
- Welding experience for arc, spot, and projection welding is a plus.
- Injection Plastics and Urethane process experience are a plus.
- Previous exposure to a multicultural office environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of quality audit techniques.
- Basic shop math ability required (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Understanding of conceptual math (i.e., basic geometry, charts and graphs) required.
- Understanding of elementary statistical concepts (i.e., standard deviation, variance, etc.).
- General understanding and working knowledge of product design specifications functions and quality standards of finished product as well as parts/materials used.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes, company products, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand engineering documents such as automotive drawings (component, assembly, and equipment), technical standards, design specifications, general tolerances, critical characteristics, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Change Instructions (ECI), Prototype Parts Requests (PPR), and color instructions.
- General understanding of the Toyota Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) and Toyota Production System (TPS) is preferred.
- Good understanding of seat, welding, door, carpet, and headliner processes are a plus.
- Good presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills required.
- Good assertiveness and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand inspection standards.
- Hands-on, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Active listener with effective communication skills.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to maintain records and files and prepare recaps and reports.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
- Ability to multitask, manage diversity, and facilitate effective problem solving and resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Japanese is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, Newton, NEC, etc.).
- AutoCAD experience is desirable.
Work Environment/Conditions :
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to TBA, Supplier, and Customer plants. Travel with short notice often required.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time is required. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time. May be occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Toyota Boshoku America
|Company: Toyota Boshoku America