POSITION SUMMARY: The Credit Analyst will support the lenders in underwriting requests for credit extensions to new and existing clients. They will perform detailed financial analysis for all lending opportunities, prepare credit approval and modification requests for presentation to Loan Committee by the lenders, perform annual credit reviews as needed, ensure compliance with the Bank's credit policies and procedures, ensure the timely collection and spreading of interim and annual financial statements provided by clients, and update financial information to maintain current reporting.
- Analyzes data (i.e. financial statements, agency reports) on prospective and active borrowing accounts and prepares written reports evaluating the short and long-term prospects of the individual or company.
- Makes recommendations to Loan Officers on the granting or denying of loans and prepares sufficient information (i.e. loan submissions) to document recommendations.
- Identify and interpret trends in financial data. Interpret key financial ratios (e.g. cash flow to debt service, debt-to-equity, etc.)
- Provides thorough documentation of all financial analysis with via spreadsheets and written credit offering memorandums.
- Suggests a loan grade after conducting a thorough credit analysis and documentation review.
- Coordinates specific work tasks within the department in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Provides assigned reports.
- Performs annual review of loan relationships.
- Other projects as assigned.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
College degree in business field and/or minimum two years related experience in an analytical, operations, lending or loan support banking position. Must have analytical ability sufficient to learn analysis of complex commercial financial statements. Working knowledge of loan documentation and proper loan structure. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a basic understanding of the principles of accounting. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal direction. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and be responsive to supervisory guidance. Must project a professional image by adhering to guidelines in the employee handbook.
Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, and bank policies and procedures that pertain to the day-to-day job responsibilities. Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all compliance regulations pertinent to the assigned duties by successful completion of any courses assigned on a timely basis. Responsible for adherence to Bank's Code of Professional Ethics and Conduct as well as observing and promoting compliance with the Code among fellow bank personnel, customers and vendors.
Reach out to have a confidential conversation. Call, text or email 605.799-2236 firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.