The Finance Lead will provide cost analysis, standard cost development, budgeting and forecasting. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of cost accounting including variance analysis and month end closing. Provides accurate and timely information to staff that will drive the monitoring of performance in order to meet company goals and objectives. Incumbent will be operating in a start-up environment
Will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising finance and administration employees as they are added to the company.
· Oversees financial controls for the department as well as the organization, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
· Consolidate and analyze business and financial data.
· Monitors financial operations and performance, analyzing and interpreting operating results, investigating variances and unusual items; and evaluating their effect on operations.
· Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast process.
· Develop financial plans and reports for organizational leaders.
· Provide insights to all areas of the business using analytics and benchmarking, including the identification and analysis of industry trends.
· Evaluate capital expenditures and depreciation.
· Develop automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
· Identify and implement process improvements that positively impact the function as well as the business.
· Analyzes the market for business opportunities and make associated recommendations.
· Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
· Strong positive leadership skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
· Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in data analysis.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and deal effectively with conflicting priorities.
· Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times a stressful environment.
· Thorough understanding and proficiency in project management.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software as well as the ability to work with Accounting Information Systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
· At least 5 years' related experience along with at least 2 years' leadership experience required.
· Experience with Accounting Information Systems required, with Syspro experience preferred.
· Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
· Experience in a start-up environment is preferred.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.