Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world's most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst to join the AIG Warranty Service Programs Actuarial Department. The role is focused on the Warranty Service Programs (WSP) product line. WSP consists of two primary segments: Coverage for credit card enhancements provided at no additional charge (NAC) to cardholders and extended service contract (ESC) programs primarily distributed through the consumer electronics market and home warranty channels. This role is primarily focused on supporting the global NAC accounts but will also contribute to support for US and multinational extended service contract programs.
The AIG Warranty Service Programs Actuarial Department works closely with the management, underwriting, and claims and is involved in a wide range of functions, including product development, pricing, rate filing support, financial forecasting and budgeting. The goal is to develop well-rounded, business-minded actuaries by exposing each member of the department to the full array of functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help maintain support for new product pricing with a focus on global NAC accounts.
- Assess rate adequacy of current NAC portfolio.
- Work with client risk management team to develop and improve program monitoring.
- Support preparation of semi-annual profitability analysis for presentation to profit center and client management for major US and multinational ESC programs.
- Assist in preparing quarterly monitoring reports to profit center and client management for largest clients.
- Drive consistency and use of standard practice within US WSP Actuarial and Underwriting teams.
- Assist in evaluating and improving pricing methodologies and segmentation for WSP programs.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of actuarial experience.
- At least 3 CAS exams passed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access. VBA and R programming skills a plus.
- Working experience with Warranty products a plus.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication skills and creative problem solving.
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our "Giving Back" policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don't believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K - $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.