Technical Services Manager
Lead Food Scientist - lab and R&D
- Responsible for carrying out experimental work at the bench under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of two new innovative product applications per staff member within the department that contributes at least $100,000 in sales annually.
- Responsible for departmental submission of scientific data to external source to file required quantity of patent applications annually, as shown in table below.
- Responsible for coordination of scientific data within department to incorporate into mandatory number of promotional materials or webinars annually, as shown in table below.
- Responsible for designing new products for product development.
- Responsible for maximizing the current and future performance and productivity of the Technical Services department.
- Follows GMP and SQF requirements through the company's quality management system.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contributes to the company's sales and profit through the department activities.
- Manages and maintains department annual budget.
- Oversees development of two new innovative product applications per staff member within the department that contributes at least $100,000 in sales annually.
- Provides departmental submission of scientific data to external source to file required quantity of patent applications annually, as shown in table below.
- Coordinates scientific data within department to incorporate into mandatory number of promotional materials or webinars annually, as shown in table below.
- Provides and prepares resources to meet annual department goals.
- Develops joint R&D projects with customers under guidelines and priorities developed by the President.
- Interacts effectively with R&D groups outside the company.
- Works on projects at the laboratory bench for 75% of workday.
- Oversees laboratory and reports issues with instrumentation, equipment, and safety to supervisor.
- Oversees preventative maintenance in laboratory.
- Maintains accurate laboratory notebook and updates daily.
- Presents experimental data clearly.
- Provides technical and analytical service to potential and existing customers to generate new business and maintain current business.
- Provides guidance and directions to the staff to maximize and improve their performance.
- Maintains communication with staff and supervisor.
- Submits call report to the supervisor within 48 hours after visiting customer.
- Submits monthly report to supervisor by the first business day of the month.
- Understands company history, business, products, applications, and customers' business.
- Implements 5S Pillars within workplace.
- Promotes a cooperative and constructive atmosphere.
- Responsible for Food Safety and reporting any Food Safety related issues to the direct supervisor and/or a member of the Food Safety Management Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Food Safety Reporting Responsibilities:
- Responsibility to report any and all food safety problems or concerns to the proper personnel authorized to initiate action.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, evaluation, motivation, termination, and review of all supervised employees.
- Provides guidance, on the job training and direction to staff to assist in their professional development.
Reasoning Ability: Must demonstrate an ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems at the highest level.
Language Skills: Must demonstrate an ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; must demonstrate an ability to prepare articles and presentations in a highly effective and persuasive manner. Must demonstrate an ability to orally communicate ideas and concepts in a logical, persuasive manner and show respect for the listeners' point of view and comments.
Organizational and Time Management Skills: Must demonstrate organizational and time management skills to a very high level in order to optimally balance hands-on research at the bench with other essential tasks.
Additional Skills: Instrumental assay experience such as Gas Chromatography, HPLC, and spectrophotometer preferred. Dairy and plant protein knowledge is REQUIRED.
- PhD. in a food scientific discipline is required.
- Dairy and plant protein experience required
- 10+ years experience in R&D and practical laboratory experience is required
For more information, please contact me directly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.