We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to provide service and support to our fleet of analytical instruments and ancillary equipment. Experience in the following areas is desirable: Unix-Linux and Windows operating systems. Beam generating instruments (Electron, Ion, X-Ray, etc). High vacuum, electro-mechanical assemblies. This individual will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of analytical instruments and ancillary equipment located at the Sunnyvale, California lab.
This position could require periodic travel to other locations to include Minneapolis, Shanghai, Taiwan, Sunnyvale, El Segundo and occasional travel to other sites.
- Perform comprehensive routine and emergency service on analytical test instruments and ancillary equipment
- Provide service and support for multiple computer platforms (Sun, IBM), standalone and embedded computer systems.
- Assist and support facility/infrastructure when needed to maintain suitable working environment for instruments.
- AS or BS degree in Computer science, electronics or electrical engineering with 2+ years experience troubleshooting equipment or instrumentation.
- Troubleshooting/repairing high voltage circuitry, high vacuum systems, analog/digital circuitry, electro-mechanical assemblies, and related systems preferred.
- Experience with UNIX-LINUX-Windows Operating systems and Sun Microsystems SunOS/Solaris.
- Service experience with spectrometers, SEM, TEM, X-Ray instrumentation.
- Must be highly skilled in proper use of tools of trade, able to operate independently and as part of team, provide and follow written and verbal instructions, effectively utilize multiple forms of communication (e-mail, phone, etc.), and maintain a professional and cordial manner towards co-workers, vendors, and customers throughout the daily execution of duties.
If you're thinking of making a change and want to learn more, reach out to me. Your current employer need not know. This is confidential.
Please contact Brian.Sims@gogpac.com or 605.403.5071.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.