A local client is currently seeking an Associate Veterinarian that is truly passionate about the care and emotional support of both animals and clients. The associate veterinarian is responsible for providing medical care including physical exams, diagnosis and treatment. The associate veterinarian must have a high level of professionalism and patience with clients and their pets while providing excellent care. He/she must be willing to go above and beyond in customer care and give clients options for his/her pet's care. They must be willing to educate all team members on procedures, vaccinations, medications, prescription diets, etc.
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from an accredited college.
- Must hold a current license or have the ability to get one before the start date.
- 0-4+ years of experience.
- Experience with small animals and some exotics preferred.
- Experience in a busy veterinary hospital/clinic preferred.
- This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information, listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stay current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
To be considered, please apply with a resume. If you have any other questions or wish to discuss any other Veterinary positions, reach out to Lauren Murtagh with gpac at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 370-5339.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.