The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Research Associate I position to work in Miami.
The position is within the Physical Oceanography Division of NOAA/AOML. The incumbent will develop software for the US Argo Data Assembly Center (DAC). Duties include but are not limited to:
- writing and maintaining software in higher level languages (mainly Java, Fortran, C/C++) and shell scripting;
- writing applications using web services (SOAP);
- designing, developing and documenting robust software packages;
- transitioning software to operational application;
- contributing to the monitoring of the processing system and the reprocessing of data.
Applicants must have a Masters degree or higher in computer science, information technology, or related field.
Necessary skills include familiarity with:
- UNIX/LINUX-based systems;
- developing and designing software using higher level languages (Java, c++) and shell scripting;
- writing applications using web services (SOAP).
The applicant must be able to work efficiently as part of a team and must have excellent time management, communication, and documentation skills.
Apply online at: www.miami.edu/careers. Curriculum Vitae and contact information for three people who can provide letters of recommendation are required.