Business Development Officer – Start-ups & Entrepreneurship Job
|Employer Name: Kingston Economic Development Corporation
|Location: Kingston, Ontario
||Date Posted: 5/3/2022
|Wage: $36.81 - $38.46/hour
|Number Of Openings: 1
- Oversee design and implementation of programs, services and events for new businesses and actively seek out new opportunities
- Conduct new business consultations and outreach to identify needs and follow-up to determine next steps
- Design and deliver mentorship support program/referrals to support the success of new businesses
- Represent the Corporation on working and advisory groups such as the Ontario Small Business Centre Network, Eastern Ontario Innovation Corridor, Kingston Innovation Ecosystem, and post secondary institution groups to advance the start-up ecosystem and identify opportunities to advance new business interests
- Oversee the attraction of new/foreign entrepreneurs in priority sectors of Sustainable Manufacturing, Health Innovation and Creative Industries and deliver programs and services to introduce new businesses to Kingston’s start-up ecosystem i.e. bootcamps
- Track data on department’s key performance indicators and prepare related reports and presentations as required
- Manage and track opportunities throughout the full sales cycle, ensuring information is accurate and current
- Ensure that content and collaterals uphold the brand standards of the Corporation, and content complies with accessibility standards
- Act as an ambassador of Kingston Economic Development Corporation and the City of Kingston
- Other duties as assigned
Wage: $36.81 - $38.46
Terms of Employment: The position has primarily fixed office hours (8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday) to carry out the duties assigned. The Business Development Officer may be required to work outside of the Corporation’s regular business hours, which includes, but is not limited to: sponsored events; client meetings; presentations; and conferences.
Language of Work: English and French mandatory. Other languages considered an asset.
Vacation: 20 days or 8% remuneration
Benefits: This position is provided with an employee benefit program as well as pension program.
Location of Work: 366 King Street East, Suite 420, Kingston, On, Canada, K7K 6Y3
Contact Information: Apply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Knowledge of small business operations, challenges and opportunities
- Understanding of community resources available for start-ups and small businesses
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with strong writing abilities
- Highly effective skills in data management and reporting, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources
- Proactive, enthusiastic self-starter with advanced problem-solving skills
- Advanced software skills including Salesforce CRM, excel and/or database management
Further Skill Requirements:
- A Post-Secondary degree or certificate in Economic Development, Business, Entrepreneurship, Commerce or a related discipline OR commensurate work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the economy in Eastern Ontario and the City of Kingston.
- Exceptional business, political acumen and management skills to interact professionally and effectively with small business owners, community stakeholders and funders.
- Skilled in relationship building and management.
- Proficient in English/French languages with additional language fluency a strong asset.
- Several (5 ) years of experience in a fast-paced business environment managing multiple priorities in the economic development, start-ups and entrepreneurship space
- Experience in project and team management with progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing strategies and tactical plans
- Extensive experience working with the global entrepreneur community and attraction of foreign direct investment
The following knowledge and experience would be considered an asset to the position:
- Experience as a start-up entrepreneur who has previously started a business and worked with small and medium businesses
- Direct experience working with regional start-up and small business ecosystem partners in Eastern Ontario
- Direct experience working with colleges and universities supporting student entrepreneurship and start-ups
- Experience helping start-up founders access a variety of financial resources in the Canadian start-up ecosystem
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) to develop entrepreneurship, start-ups, and small businesses evergreen training courses and delivering training workshops to entrepreneurs and business owners
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 5
Education Required: Bachelors
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits
Web Site: https://www.kingstonecdev.com/
|Contact Name: Donna Gillespie
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Kingston Economic Development Corporation
|Street: 366 King Street East, Suite 420
|Zip: K7K 6Y3
The job advertiser has chosen to disable the [Apply for Job] button above
and provide direction to apply within the ad.