A small but fast-growing biotechnology company is seeking a passionate and talented Research Scientist to join their team. The Research Scientist will help work with team to discover novel medicines that will target the pathological cells that drive aging. A successful candidate will play a large role in drug discovery and will work across programs within the company.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- The Research Scientist will be involved in the execution of experimental in vitro research protocols that involved cell based, molecular and biochemical assays from drug development
- Developing and optimizing new in vitro disease model systems and experimental compound screening protocols
- Evaluating compound properties including mechanism of action and selectivity as well as advancing compounds forward from hit compound to lead compound
- Maintaining detailed, accurate and up to date lab records is a must
- Always learning new techniques, skills and scientific topics as relating to the job
- Working collaboratively with teammates on projects in addition to driving individual contributions and regularly presenting project updates to colleagues will be expected of the Research Scientist
- Champion innovation and drive the research and drug discovery forward.
Requirements for consideration include:
- PhD or equivalent experience in cellular and molecular biology or a related field
- 4 or more years of relevant research lab experience
- Peer reviewed publications or direct contribution to successful drug discovery
- Strong skills in analytics, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent organization and ability to work together and thrive in a face paced and diverse team environment
- Passion for life science research, innovation, and drug discovery
- Experience in small molecules drug discovery in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. Experience in compound screening and automated liquid handlers.
- Knowledge of the biology of aging and cellular senescence
Company offers great benefits: vision, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs as well as free snacks/lunch
For more information, please contact me directly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.