Title: Analytical Scientist (Bioanalytical)
Location: Midland, Michigan
Direct Report: Operations Manager
Experience in the field of Bioanalytical testing, including
BS - Chemistry PLUS >12 years analytical laboratory experience;
MS - Chemistry PLUS 9-12 years analytical laboratory experience
PhD - Chemistry PLUS 6-9 years analytical laboratory experience
The Analytical Scientist will:
- Demonstrate peer-recognized expertise in several analytical chemistry disciplines as well as various areas of specialization within those disciplines.
- Exhibits expertise when acting as a consultant for existing or new applications of said disciplines.
- Keeps current with literature in their field.
- Demonstrates knowledge of other analytical disciplines outside of their field of immediate expertise, Interprets data and correlates data from several disciplines in order to create descriptive results per a Client's request.
- Can advise Clients and internal staff as to experimental design and improvement.
Their Responsibilities are:
- Performs routine and specific analysis, sample preparation, laboratory maintenance and acts as a technical reviewer for data analysis packets.
- Supervises, schedules and conducts routine instrument maintenance.
- Writes quality reports and communicates with Clients in a timely fashion.
- Trained as a GxP 'study director'.
- Supervises Staff in performance of existing or new duties for which they are qualified.
- Participates in external scientific meetings in support of business objectives.
- Serves as an advisor with the Business Management Team in capital purchase strategy for currently supported analytical disciplines.
- Participates in Impact Analytical GxP Projects.
They will demonstrate the following leadership skills:
- Model teamwork among Project Team members as well as where their expertise can provide guidance.
- Act as a lead author for potential White Paper or journal articles where applicable.
- Can provide mentorship and give in-house seminars for other staff members.
- Can represent IA at conferences and other functions by hosting posters and/or seminars as approved by management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.