PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the managing a corporate quality team, responding to customer requests, streamlining processes and documentation, coordinating the communication and corrective actions surrounding customer complaints, and handling the day to day within the Corporate Quality Management System.
- Manage the day-to-day activities within a corporate quality department to ensure that their team is performing its assigned duties effectively & efficiently
- Provide direction to their quality team in responding to customer requests for quality documentation
- Work with a Sales Team to ensure customer document requests and other quality related documentation is getting processed in timely manner
- Coordinate all investigation activities and communications to ensure proper and thorough resolution of any customer complaints
- Drive quality project management as it relates to corrective action, non-conformances, process improvements, and customer compliance
- Responsible for all aspects Certifications - including annual recertification, audits, product tracking systems, as well as coordination with plant quality manager to ensure all necessary operational procedures are implemented to ensure compliance with the rules and requirements of these certification.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies and communication
- Oversee the Maintenance/updating of our product documentation
- Maintain compliance with all applicable quality standards - internal, customer, certification body, regulatory
- Effectively communicate compliance and conformance requirements\status to diverse audiences
- Participate as a key member of the Safety Team
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the safety culture across the organization
- Conduct annual evaluations of company policies and procedures with other key members of the Safety Team to ensure adequacy and compliance with all applicable requirements as well as identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement
- Train the quality team, as needed, including training new hires
- Serve as a key point of contact for quality related questions as they arise
- Help build and manage the quality control team
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Seven+ years of experience managing a comprehensive quality program, including two years of supervisory responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates within both a professional office environment as well as manufacturing facilities. While performing the duties of this job within the facilities, the employee will be exposed to machinery and moving parts. The employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions, high precarious places and confined spaces, & airborne particles including grain dust and hazardous materials or fumes, which may require the use of PPE. The noise level in some of the work environments may require the use of hearing protection. While performing the duties of this job inside the office, the employee is frequently exposed to normal working conditions for an office environment with a noise level that is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods of time as well as use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work. On occasion, employee must be able to tolerate and endure extended seasonal hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.