An innovative early-stage biotech company is hiring a Senior Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology. This is a biotechnology company with active research programs related to age-related diseases with a focus on fibrosis and respiratory disorders. They are seeking a Senior Scientist to help build the capabilities needed for translational research and development, advancing the discovery of molecular targets and therapeutics for age-related pathobiologies, including fibrosis.
The initial focus will involve respiratory disorders. A working knowledge of respiratory disease models is desired. The successful candidate will be an experienced drug-discovery scientist acting as the in vivo lead on various programs, which involves directing a team of in vivo scientists and collaborating with a cross-functional team of experts as well as working with CRO's to facilitate successful advancement of programs.
This position offers an excellent compensation and benefits package; apply now!
Senior Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology Responsibilities:
- Employ drug discovery principles while guiding programs through animal model development, proof of concept in validated efficacy models, pharmacokinetic studies and lead-optimization
- Interpret data and assist in understanding PK/PD relationships
- Design, conduct and manage experiments related to the discovery of therapeutic drug mechanisms targeting cellular senescence and age-related diseases
- Analysis of data, and preparation of associated documentation and reports
- Presentation of experimental results at internal meetings and scientific conferences
- Develop protocols and maintain detailed documentation of procedures
- Train and supervise scientists and research associates
Senior Scientist In Vivo Pharmacology Requirements:
- PhD. or equivalent in Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in the study of chronic diseases in one or more of the following disease areas: fibrotic, respiratory, metabolic, inflammatory, or other age-related diseases
- Proven ability to solve complex problems by undertaking innovative approaches and applying state-of-the art technologies
- Demonstrated experience in moving programs across stage-gates
- Established knowledge base in fibrosis, or at least one aspect of age-related disease biology
- Experience with pulmonary fibrosis preclinical models
- Experience selecting and managing CROs
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams
- Actively seeks and embraces feedback with the goal of continuous performance improvement
For additional information on this opportunity, contact Miki Miller directly at 605.215.5248.
You can email me directly at: email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.