Job Title: Controls Engineer
Summary:. The associate will be involved in the specification, development, design, purchase, and installation of control systems. The associate may also be required to assist in the troubleshooting and improvement of various control systems throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment and validating the control systems to ensure reliability in operating environments.
- Maintain PLC based control systems for manufacturing, automation, and instrumentation.
- Program PLC ladder logic from start to finish
- Write documentation and system specifications toward fulfilling the scope of work set forth by the IA program manager.
- Develop technical scope of work documents and estimate time and resources needed for the controls aspect of projects.
- Machine commissioning: program start-up, debug and install of automation systems.
- Use various communication protocols, including Ethernet IP, Remote I/O, DeviceNet, and DH+.
- Active participation in communicating and suggesting company goals.
- Communicate and provide status reports to owners and management.
Competency- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - collects and researches data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management - work with program manager to develop project plans; coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is preferred, not required.
· 5+ years related experience and/or training.
· Experience with custom assembly equipment and a good understanding of pneumatics.
· Working knowledge and experience with electrical codes and safety standards.
· Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC hardware and RSLogix 5000 programming
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; inventory software; development software; internet software; order processing systems and database software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Automotive Manufacturing Companies: If your team needs any position(s) filled, we can also assist in presenting qualified talent. Reach out for consultation TODAY!
gpac | Search Consultant
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.