TPD is recruiting for an ETCP Certified Field Service Technician with 8-10 years rigging experience. This individual should be able to train, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair rigging equipment.
This is a remote position with weekly travel.
Our partner is a world-class provider of acoustics, stage and storage solutions designed to create flawless performances.
With more than 200-years of combined experience, no other brand comes close to matching the knowledge, product selection, innovation and service that this manufacturing leader in the stage & performing arts space.
Team members enjoy the amazing opportunity of seeing a product go from an initial idea to an incredible performance! Knowing your work has helped make a performance richer, creates a sense of fulfillment that is unmatched.
We are searching for a Field Service Technician responsible for supporting their Training, Inspection, and Maintenance (TIM) program.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting Level 1 and Level 2 Safety Inspections
- Obtaining customer sign off at completion of Inspection/Repair
- Completing inspection report for submission to Service Dept.
- Compiling a BOM listing for any recommendations for repair
- Completing on site repairs and obtaining customer sign off
- Setting up own travel arrangements
- Weekly travel
- Training of other in-house resources to be able to perform inspections
- Submitting monthly on-line credit card expenses
- Following proper safety protocols including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Performing work activities that are in line with achieving the company's Quality Objectives
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- ETCP Certified
- Excellent written and oral skills
- 8-10 years in theatrical industry with rigging knowledge. Able to train, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair rigging equipment.
- Electrical and controls knowledge is a plus.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System Awareness
- Knowledge of applicable QMS procedures/work instructions