LAB-GENERAL (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Shift: Evening, Nights, Weekend
Employment Status: Full-Time (.75 or greater)
Hours per Pay Period: 1.00 = 80 hours (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE
The hospital Medical Technologist is responsible for performing high complexity clinical laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory with full responsibility for quality control and quality assurance in accordance with CLIA regulatory requirements and standards. Medical Technologist is responsible for specimen processing, test performance and for reporting test results. Additional characteristics for the Lead Role: Acts as a lead for an assigned area of department, including assisting with the day to day operations of the department, responsible for quality control and regulatory readiness of department.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
- Collects and prepares test samples according to established procedures and policies. (Patient Care, Lab, Specimen Collection)
- Performs waived, moderate and high complexity test specimen analysis according to established policies and procedures. (Patient Care, Lab, Specimen Analysis)
- Evaluates, interprets and validates test data prior to reporting. Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or immediately notify leadership. Responsible to adhere to and follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever testing systems are not within the laboratory's defined acceptable levels of performance. (Patient Care, Lab, Evaluates Data )
- Maintains daily operations of the laboratory/department to include, but not limited to calibration and maintenance of equipment; maintains adequate working inventory. Adheres to quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications. (Patient Care, Lab, Lab Equipment )
- Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality. core
Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Certifications and Licenses
- Montana locations Current or eligible for Montana State licensure as a Medical Technologist or ability to become licensed
Billings Clinic is Montana's largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do. As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability. To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.