This position reports to the manager and is responsible for managing landscape or landscape construction projects. The job will include coordinating the procurement and schedule the use of resources, including labor, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards. Promotes the growth and development of field staff and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
· Bachelor Degree in Horticulture/Construction Management/Landscaping and/or 3+ years directly relevant experience.
· 3+ years supervisory experience in project management.
- 3+ years doing Paver Installation
· Experience in business management, including basic accounting skills.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Current drivers license.
· To maintain a safe working environment and enforce all safety standards, protocols, and regulations. Permit NO accidents.
· To work effectively with design/sales to assure projects exceed clients expectations
· To coordinate and manage field production activities for specific projects, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
· To meet or exceed operating budgets.
· To maximize use of field and other personnel, equipment, materials and supplies. Eliminate waste.
· To support and participate in the development, implementation and refinement of departmental best practices in all areas of field operations and safety. To keep abreast of new methods that might be applicable to the Company; constantly pursues new ideas, which could be implemented.
· To proactively identify potential problems within production and find resolution to minimize damage/risk or possibly create unforeseen opportunity for gain.
· To manage personal effectiveness (competency, trust, communication, etc.) to maximize sales opportunities and development of customer relationships.
· To provide and maintain excellent customer service. Maintain customers.
Applicant must have a minimum of (3) Years of Hardscape Construction and Planting Experience including:
- Plan Reading
- Concrete Form Work
- Shooting Elevations
- Site Preparation including Drainage, Grading, Bed Preparation
- Strong Math Skills
- Operation of Skid Steer / Back Hoe / Mini Excavator
- Paver Installation
- Budget understanding and tracking
We are looking for a leader with great communication skills, positive attitude and good driving record.
· Bobcats, excavators, reach lifts
· Other equipment as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Engineering, Land Surveying and Architectural Recruiter
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.