The successful employee will possess experience in a manufacturing industry with increasing responsibilities in Engineering or Operations. He/she will be responsible for bringing new product and processes to market on time and within budget. Strong focus on process improvement and waste elimination in their responsible areas working closely with Production and Quality. He/she will apply techniques and processes, teach and mentor best practices (Lean, Six Sigma, DFM, DFA, DOE, FMEA, VA/VE, etc.).
- Act as lead technical reference for machining operations and programming.
- Optimize existing machining operations while exploring newer more efficient processes.
- Read, analyze, and discuss customer required specifications managing all qualification kick-off meetings and put decisions into actions.
4. Develop machining based on Customer requirements. Main focus is to create CNC programs, verify and interpret results in cooperation with the Metallographic Laboratory, Production, and Quality. Qualify new products/processes from kick-off to full release and continuously improve the existing ones.
- Support production costs quotation and related feasibility study as needed. Project leadership to continually decrease manufacturing costs.
- Determine and approve the process standards of a new component, meet NPI qualification stage gates and milestones, and provide customer products corresponding to the required quality specifications.
- Develop, check, and improve component standards in order to promote actions for cost savings and process standard improvement.
- Participate in Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects. Utilize Tops 8D and DMAIC approach to problem solving and non-conformances.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to improve Key Performance Indicators for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Participate in Kaizen events, promote positive employee environment, and community involvement.
- Working in the Company's Quality and Safety System context, in accordance with its procedures and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job operates in both an office environment and a manufacturing environment. Adheres to all Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and implements all necessary measures for work, health, and environmental protection within the range of responsibility. This position interfaces with all departments within the plant, and the role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, with additional hours as business needs necessitate. Subject to change shifts as business grows.
Occasional overseas and domestic travel may be required to support the rapid growth of the company.
1. A Mechanical, Machining, or Robotics Technical degree is preferred.
- Personal accountability
- Independent thinking
- Strong organization and planning abilities
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience in the Machining, Engineering, and Fabrication, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or Industrial Gas Turbine industry strongly preferred.
- Machine experience required:
- Laser ablation
- Electrical discharge machining (EDM)
- CNC Milling
- Programming / software experience:
- Rhinoceros 3D:a commercial 3D computer graphics and computer-aided design application software
- hyperMILL:a high-performance CAM solution. All strategies for 2.5D, 3D and 5-axis milling, mill turning and machining operations such as HSC and HPC are available under a single interface.
- Siemens 840D programming and operation.
a. Working knowledge of G-code with ability to program machining operations directly on NC.
b. Ability to program part probing routines to locate features that differ from part models directly on NC.
- Thermal spray, APS coating experience, and capability to understand the coating production process is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to access controlled technologies.
- New Product Introduction or Advanced Product Quality Planning experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Solid Works and Minitab. Knowledge of CAM or Robot programming (e.g. RobotStudio) software is a plus. Knowledge of CN programming is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and experience interacting with all levels of customers, including technical managers.
- Experience with ERP systems, including creation and management of bill of materials is preferred.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of both metric and US measurement systems.
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.