Our client is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer / Transportation Manager to lead their Phase I and II transportation engineering design projects. The Transportation Manager will oversee a group of senior civil engineers, mid-level designers, and drafters to accomplish a wide range of projects including roadways, traffic engineering, sewer, utilities, and site work.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and self-directed with a background in roadway design and project management. The selected candidate will work closely with firm ownership and participate in business development/sales activities to grow their department.
Project Management Responsibilities:
* Planning, scoping, man-hour estimation, and contract negotiations
* Project schedule, tasks, and milestones
* Monitor project budgets
* Identify, assign and supervise the work of support staff to complete project requirements
* Mentoring and training of junior designers
* Perform annual evaluations of direct reporting staff
* Represent the firm for client coordination and business development activities
* Lead all civil engineering design from preliminary to final submittal
* Develop plans, specifications, reports, calculations, and estimates
* Ensure design compliance with standards, codes, and acceptable engineering practices
* Manage project documentation and correspondence
* Apply QAQC plan for timely reviews to ensure accuracy and quality of work
* Project close-out and construction phase services where applicable
* Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Masters is a plus
* PE License in the state of Illinois, PTOE is a plus
* 20+ years of transportation design experience (roadway geometrics, cross sections, drainage design, traffic studies, signal design)
* Illinois based transportation experience with IDOT, Tollway, Chicago DOT & Cook County DOT
* Proficiency with MicroStation, Geopak and PowerGeopak
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills, strict attention to detail, and readiness to learn
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and deadlines
For additional information on this opportunity, call or text Mandy Kirk directly at 605-705-3042. Resumes may be confidentially sent to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.