Experienced Tax Director Job Description
This individual would be responsible for tax research projects, special tax projects and overall quality control of the firm's tax practice. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate with a fast track to partnership.
Quality Control review of federal and state income taxes for partnerships (including Form 1042-S for foreign investors allocated US dividends), S and C corporations, individuals, and includes primarily but is not limited to the equity securities and commodity industries.
Review the preparation of internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
Responsible for tax research projects.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA Certification with a Masters of Science in Taxation.
- 10+ year's prior tax experience in public accounting with an emphasis on partnerships, corporations, individuals, PFICs and some international experience.
- Significant supervisory experience (5-10 years plus).
- Proficiency in Pro FX Tax software, Excel, Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.