Syska Hennessy Group provides specialized consulting, engineering, and commissioning services for clients worldwide. Our staff provides consulting services throughout the project lifecycle, helping to plan, design, build and operate technically superior facilities.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your engineering career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a self-motivated Project Accountant to join our office in New York, NY. The ideal candidate will have good organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and able to solve problems.
As a Project Accountant you will have a full range of accounting responsibilities for projects assigned including adherence to accounting standards and processes, and contract compliance. You will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with our internal and external clients while utilizing the resources and best practices of our Accounting divisions. This role will also identify process improvements to maintain cost/profit center results and monitor progress against budgets/forecasts.
Project Accountant additional responsibilities:
- Monitor the Production Group's actual vs. budget and report the reasons for variances. Prepare variance reports related to group performance
- Responsible for management of projects: opening, costing, tracking and financial closure
- Perform informal project reviews to assess proper revenue recognition on projects
- Monitor project revenue and assist the group managers in resolving variances
- Oversee the period close and ensure all required entries have been properly posted
- Conduct period end meetings to review performance and initiate corrective actions as required
- Coordinate all financial activities between the project/contract and the Accounting Department
- Responsible for handling and overseeing all aspects of the projects assigned such as financial objectives including budgeting, collections, and P&L detail review
- Actively partner with group managers to resolve T&Cs detrimental to the company as well as assisting with collection efforts
- Ability to handle multiple projects of varying sizes
- Understanding of architectural engineering and construction industry, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow specific contract terms and conditions
- Self-directed, able to multi-task and work with minimum supervision in deadline-sensitive environment
- Ideal candidate thrives in areas of initiative, quality of work, customer focus and troubleshooting
- Associates Degree in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent work experience; Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, desired but not required
- 5 to 10 years' of experience in project accounting
- Microsoft Office Suite and Financial Force or similar industry software experience desired
- Must be flexible to work overtime
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs such as gym programs, flu shots and biometric screening
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Monthly transit/parking stipend
- Monthly business phone stipend, if applicable
- Half-day Fridays working from home
At Syska, we promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
Syska Hennessy Group
Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments