The Parts Manager will manage the Parts Department in a manner to meet the store objectives and drive parts sales. This is accomplished by effectively scheduling/supervising the department employees ensuring work is performed in a professional and safe method and that all necessary administration is handled promptly.
Parts Manager Responsibilities:
- Understand and manage the various key indices within the department as they relate to the plans of the store and company initiatives to meet or exceed financial goals, i.e.: variance to a sales plan, gross margin dollars, gross margin percentages, outside purchases, parts obsolescence, etc.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships with manufacturer partners.
- Responsible for knowing the specific SSA customer base and the product base which will be the source for revenue generation for the Store.
- Responsible for ensuring that parts counter staff are effectively facilitating the point of the sale process, keeping customer service levels at a very high level. This would include the development of selling skills through on-the-job training.
- Responsible for handling customer parts inquiries including resolving customer complaints/issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of marketing and merchandising of the parts department to maximize the revenues of the department. Such as developing sales plans in accordance with market opportunity, Store, and Company initiatives.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction for all parts encounters with customers.
- Responsible for placing emergency parts orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure a safe work environment and ensure that all department employees understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Be a role model in the areas of environmental health and safety.
- Responsible for the upkeep and overall appearance of the parts department
- Responsible for all administrative work associated with the parts department including work orders and parts ordering and returns.
- Responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient completion of all paperwork associated with the parts department.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of all parts department employees.
Parts Manager Requirements:
- 3 or more years of work experience in related parts and operations
- Ability to effectively lead and manage people
- Effective at time management and multi-tasking
- Comprehensive understanding of internal and external business
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently resolve employee and customer conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated client service skills and the ability to develop strong business relationships
- Demonstrated strong negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to handle and resolve frequent interpersonal conflict
- Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and professionally to demands and requests from customers and employees
Please submit a resume for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about Ag opportunities, contact Jaydan Stephan with gpac at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 605-705-3045
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.