This Help Desk role will be responsible for responding to all support requests from the user. This includes employees located in the office/travelling staff, and freelancers. Support topics include, but are not limited to: personal computer hardware, approved software applications and suites, remote access technologies, client email applications, portable devices, and A/V gear where there is an interaction with other IT gear. Candidates should have knowledge of computer logic and IT industry-standard methods in order to support all systems (Windows, MacOS). Responsibilities include on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure, as well providing IT support to all employees.
* Support day-to-day operations of the office by assisting the user community with software and hardware issues
Configuration and administration of Microsoft Office 365 applications including Outlook/Excel/Word/Teams/Planner.
* Diagnose hardware and software problems through communication with the user community and using IT standards of troubleshooting and research
* Installation, configuration and on-going maintenance of user computer systems, specifically MacOS and Windows
* Keep an accurate record of incident reports and solutions in the Help Desk ticketing system
* Document standard operating procedures for all repetitive tasks such as laptop imaging and printer setup
* Interact with hardware manufacturers for warranty repair as applicable
* Set up/schedule/maintain telephony, conference room resources, and other gear
* Maintain accurate equipment inventory and rental records
* Prepare and pack gear for events, checking out and returning gear properly in the equipment rental application
* Post-COVID, there is potential for travel up to 15% of the time, as needed, within the US as part of crew to setup, support IT gear
* University education in IT operations, or 3-5 years' experience of Help/User Support experience
* Basic understanding of LAN/Networking/Printing/Scanning/File sharing
* In-depth knowledge of Apple/MacOS and Windows environments
* In-depth knowledge of hardware troubleshooting procedures
* Office application skills (MS Office 365, Adobe CC suite)
* Strong communication/documentation skills
* Ability to work with others to coordinate work assignments
* Ability to lift and/or move heavy equipment.