Civil/Structural Engineering Job Description
Based at: Fort Wayne, IN
Reports to: Manager of Engineering
The Civil/Structural Engineering position will work closely with Sales, Engineering & Project Management teams to assist with calculations, concepts and designs for air pollution control systems and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project management with structural plans and calculations for ductwork, equipment, and systems
- Develop foundation and structural steel designs for the project team and make appropriate recommendations for possible design improvements.
- Develop structural steel exhaust stacks for air pollution control systems using software and SMACNA.
- Support project management with design calculations for equipment and structural static & dynamic loads
- Assist Sales team with estimating foundation requirements for specified equipment.
- Assist Sales team with estimating structural steel requirements for specified equipment.
- Assist Sales team with proposal development which could include, among other tasks, periodic travel to potential client sites.
- Conduct engineering studies for customers as it relates to air pollution control systems.
- Effectively communicate in team environment between Sales & Engineering/Project Management
- Write technical papers/reports for engineering studies to support design recommendations for air pollution control systems.
- Represent the company in project meetings with the clients.
- Assist with maintaining current forms for calculating structural ductwork spans, equipment loads and other structural steel design calculators.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication and other relationship-building skills is required.
- Estimating experience will be considered a plus.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to navigate AutoDesk applications including AutoCAD, Vault, Revit, Robot & Inventor 3D modeling, MECA stack.
- Environmental dust hazard analysis (DHA) experience a plus
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with 5 years (minimum) construction and/or plant engineering experience - Professional Engineering license is a large benefit.
- Knowledge in the following areas and standards a plus, ASCE, AISC, ACI, AWS, NFPA
- Available for travel to branch offices and project sites essential
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Take the next step in your career. APPLY NOW!
"For additional information on this opportunity, or other positions of interest, contact Scott DeWitte with gpac Recruiting in Sioux Falls."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.