Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as an Associate Product Manager and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too.
*This position will be based in New York, NY and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Category Director, this Associate Product Manager will join OXO’s product development team. This person will have the responsibility for bringing products from concept through
production for the Coffee and Tea Category. There is an opportunity to work with several top product design firms, internal engineers and graphic designers, retail buyers, as well as manufacturing partners in Asia. You will also assist other Product Managers by exploring and identifying new opportunities and helping with pipeline management.
- Drive short-term product pipelines to meet financial goals and keep category fresh.
- Bring new products to market including market research, product research, product testing, pricing, competitive analysis, and timeline management.
- Build and handle schedules and timelines for new product development. Responsible for consistent follow-ups to ensure that tasks are completed, and achievements are reached, as needed.
- Meet with design firms to discuss products in development and provide feedback on design and concept direction with regards to pricing concerns and feature set requirements.
- Connect with factories regarding quoting opportunities and negotiate pricing at various points in the product development cycle.
- Understand buyer needs and objectives and develop and execute to key strategies for customers.
- Deliver on financial goals as related to cost and margin targets.
- Work with Product team and Go-To-Market function to keep key people up to date on major landmarks.
Skills to be successful in this role:
- Work in a self-directed, ambitious environment
- Strong analysis ability relating to product lines and product line planning, profit margins, business trends, market segmentation, research and trends, market research, and opportunity assessment
- Hands-on research, product evaluation, testing, and user-validation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and good project management
- Ability to work as a part of a team, building positive relationships with internal and external resources
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related profession/field
- 1+ years as an Associate/Assistant Product Manager
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Experience using Oracle and/or Smartsheet, Basecamp
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.