|Location: El Paso, Texas
||Date Posted: 4/2/2021
|Job Code: R0002404
Join our Beauty Team at Helen of Troy as a Copywriter and make an immediate impact on our trusted Beauty brands: Hot Tools, Drybar, Revlon, Bed Head, and Gold-n-Hot. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
This position can be based from any of the following markets:
- El Paso, TX
- Irvine, CA
- New York, NY
- Bend, OR
- Marlborough, MA
- Dallas, TX
What you will be doing:
The Copywriter will be a key member of the team charged with bringing the brand and the diverse and expansive portfolio of products to life through words. Their writing as well as naming capabilities should communicate the benefits, points of difference and excitement about and engagement with the brand. Ultimately, their writing should deliver a strong, meaningful, positive consumer facing impression of the brand that is aligned with the positioning. This role will be responsible for bringing the brand story to life in a meaningful way to support the adoption and engagement of our beauty brands (Hot Tools, Revlon, Bed Head and Gold n Hot) to build customer affinity and ultimately drive choice.
- Own/develop messaging for all new product launches and key initiatives, including copywriting and editing.
- Collaborate with Product and Brand to gain deep knowledge of brand and new product’s story, features, benefit, how it makes consumers’ lives better and solves their challenges, and ensure the full product story comes through in all materials aligned to essence.
- Partner with creative, agency and social/digital teams to seamlessly integrate copy with creative execution.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product, medium, target audience and desired consumer behavior.
- Partner with brand to build copy to ensure that the campaign is inventively engaging on all platforms in order to deepen consumer experience at purchase points.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts. Also, develop scripts that bring to life the product features/benefits in an imaginative way.
- Generate compelling and aligned brand names for new products across the brand portfolio.
- Brainstorm and develop, and write copy and tags for product packaging materials that resonate with target consumers.
- Develop a suite of names that reflect product positioning, benefit, and point of difference within the collection and the broader sub-brand for consideration and which is differentiated from the competition.
- Establish, develop, and maintain creative, conceptual, and writing standards (voice of brand).
- Take lead in editing all consumer facing materials – product launches, marketing materials, sales tools.
- Build accurate content that adheres to the brand guidelines. Write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brand's voice.
- Partner with PM, brand, and other partners to put a process in place to proof and edit artwork and creative prior to release.
- Support internal/external PR teams with press releases and external facing communications.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Strong creative thinking skills and capacity to think conceptually
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
- Excellent portfolio of work
- Experience with naming conventions
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to understand and represent our brands positively, authoritatively, and accurately
- APA format (when needed)
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- 2+ years’ experience in content marketing or B2C copywriting
- Experience in writing benefit forward packaging copy
- Producing copy for Digital, Print, E-Commerce, Broadcast Channels
- Outstanding skills with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent knowledge of copywriting as a marketing tool
- Proven experience developing strong package copy
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Experience with communicating messages across multiple touchpoints and forms of media in the beauty, hair, or fashion
- Agency experience
- Creative writing, storytelling and communications experience
- Experience with InDesign
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Helen of Troy
|Company: Helen of Troy