Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as a Sales Assistant and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too.
*This position will be based in New York, and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you will be doing:
As a Sales Assistant you will proactively support members of the sales team, ensuring the Sales Manager and key retailers receive the tools, attention, and information needed to thrive. The ideal candidate will magnify the Sales Managers efficiency by taking on administrative tasks and special projects as the need arises. This role orchestrates the follow-up on customer and sales representatives’ requests.
- Coordinates presentation materials and appropriate samples for meetings with key retailers.
- Crafts and/or approves sample orders as well as prototype and sample shipments to and from the sales representatives/accounts directly.
- Maintains running records of meeting minutes and follow-ups.
- Maintains one-on-one relationships with the sales representatives/brokers to meet their needs and further OXO’s goals and acts as the point-of-contact in the Sales Manager’s absence.
- Compiles data for the sales representative/broker use, i.e., product rankings, set-up information, special promotions or new product briefings.
- Ownership of new item set-up paperwork. Fills various requests, including document and image requests through Salsify.
- Collaborate and work closely with other sales assistants for special projects.
- Works closely with the team to ensure PO’s are shipping on time and without error.
- Maintain and update customer assortment files as item transitions, new products and discontinuations occur.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written, listening skills required
- Ability to engage with all internal and external partners on matters of sales strategy and support
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Four-Year College or University in Related Field/Profession
- 1+ years’ experience in related field
- Demonstrated high level of sales support
- Proficient with MS Office, most importantly Excel
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.