We are seeking a dynamic, driven, and creative individual to join the Maximus U.S. Services Marketing team. The purpose and role of this position is to manage, develop, and execute marketing and communications strategies and initiatives that advance the Company's government opportunities in the U.S Services market, which encompasses state and local Health and Human Services opportunities. This person will work closely with the U.S. Services Business Development team and U.S. Services Marketing team to develop and ensure alignment of efforts to support near-term opportunities and long-term growth strategies that expand the Company's market share for delivering services. This person will provide guidance and support to the other Marketing Managers in executing on their efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* The role will report directly to the Senior Director of U.S. Services Marketing, as a member of the Marketing Communications team, and will primarily support the U.S. Services Marketing team, the U.S. Services Business Development team, and the U.S. Services Capture team, while also contributing to the broader efforts of the Marketing team.
* Work closely with the Business Development team to understand their key opportunities in order to develop and implement capture strategies that position them to win. This includes assisting with messaging development, participating in win strategy sessions, content development, proposal reviews, and creating presentations and other materials for client engagements.
* Manage the creation of a wide variety of unique marketing materials with tailored messages for opportunities within the state and local Health and Human Services departments and agencies, and other government services-related agency opportunities, that are based on the target audiences and sales objectives. Ensure these materials are clear, concise and meet corporate brand standards before they are presented for approval. These materials include various collateral pieces, presentations, webinars, event promotions, white papers, ebooks, email, social media and other digital marketing tools.
* Manage the Company's relationship with industry organizations related to state and local Health and Human Services. Identify, plan, and participate in their relevant conferences and events, including reviewing and recommending sponsorship or speaking opportunities, attending as a Maximus representative, sharing key takeaways, and identifying others from Maximus who should participate. Will work closely with the U.S. Services Business Development team and U.S. Services Marketing team to manage exhibit and sponsorship activities, logistics, attendee registrations and event planning.
* Serve as the Marketing "evangelist" for the U.S. Services capabilities and offerings to the Health and Human Services market. This includes contributing to the development of content marketing strategies to support the offerings, managing solution launches and demand generation campaigns, development of messaging and content, collateral pieces, presentations, and social media campaigns, managing website content, and working with partner companies on joint efforts.
* Develop and coordinate social media efforts on Twitter and LinkedIn related to U.S. Services, including assisting with developing strategies and executing on a detailed plan and schedule, and aligning them with the needs of the Company.
* Support public relations efforts to increase the visibility of the U.S. Services subject matter experts, including developing thought leadership pieces, assisting with interviews and other media engagements, writing and editing press releases, media alerts, blogs, and other external content.
* Provide guidance and support to the other Marketing Managers in executing on their efforts, including with their interactions across U.S. Services and with the U.S. Services Business Development team, understanding the sales and deal pursuit process, developing marketing strategies, and understanding market dynamics.
* Assist with communications and marketing support for external business consultants.
* Ensure brand compliance in all marketing materials and communications for the Company.
* Advise management on strategies to leverage communications materials in a manner that helps achieve the short-term and long-term business objectives.
* Provide support for broader branding, marketing and communications efforts across both U.S. Services and Maximus.
* Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Minimum of 7 years of related experience, specifically marketing that supports Health and Human Services offerings for state and local government programs in the U.S.
* BA/BS degree (marketing or business preferred)
* Exceptional writing and editing skills
* Understanding of "plain language" techniques
* Education or work experience in communications, media relations and tailored writing for different audiences preferred
* Experience in the government contracting and/or Health and Human Services industries strongly preferred
* Very strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and communicate statuses with stakeholders
* Ability to communicate in a direct, concise and compelling manner to varied audiences
* Experience in developing and executing stakeholder communication plans
* Strong understanding of branding principles and ability to execute brand-building strategies
* Good knowledge of social media tools and ability to utilize them for communications and branding
* Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels to meet organizational goals
* Sound judgement and ability to manage multiple clients, projects and tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
* Experience in providing informed recommendations to senior-level management
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Knowledge of and/or experience with marketing and public relations functions
* Full knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style writing
* Expert use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.