|Employer Name: Walinga Inc.
|Location: Guelph, Ontario
||Date Posted: 3/12/2021
|Wage: $24.25 - $26.00 h
Company: Walinga Inc.
Business information: Walinga Inc. manufactures customized products such as Bulk Feed Bodies, Bag Bulk and Waste Management Units, Dump, Animal Welfare and Belt Trailers, among other products of the highest quality at the fairest price through efficiency, organization and innovation in an environment that includes all employees. Walinga is proud to have served many customers and industries worldwide. Walinga continues to supply its equipment to the grain, feed & seed industry offering worldwide sales and support.
Business Address: 5656 Highway 6N, RR#5, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2
Work Location: same as above (work in shop)
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Interpret welding process specifications
• Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
• Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
• Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
• Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
• Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
• Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products.
• Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment
• Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
• Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
• Work in compliance with Ontario Health & Safety Act and Regulations
• Use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
• Report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer
• Work in a safe manner as required by the employer and use the prescribed safety equipment
• Tell the supervisor or employer about any missing or defective equipment or protective device that may be dangerous
• Refuse unsafe work.
• Participate in the workplace health and safety activities through the Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) or as a worker health and safety representative.
• Know, or the right to be informed about, actual and potential dangers in the workplace.
• Participate in skill set and safety training as applicable
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in welding is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate, OR Completion of a three year apprenticeship program is required.
-Welder-Fitter Certification is a strong asset
-SHMIS/GHS & Lock-out and crane training are assets
-Demonstrate a good understanding and have the potential to learn the trade program.
-Good knowledge of the methods and standard practices of the trade; various metals alloys.
-Strong basic math skills.
-Ability to use hand/power tools
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Sitting, Standing for extended periods.
-Personal suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Ability to multitask, Reliability, Accurate, Judgement, Dependability.
-Work site environment: Noisy, Hot, Confined spaces, Odours, Dusty, Dangerous, At heights.
-Weight handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Salary: $24.25 - $26.00 per hour, 44-60 Hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, extended medical insurance after three months and pension provided after a year.
This position will require flexibility on schedule. The most common shift will be from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM from Monday to Thursday and from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM on Fridays. Overtime may be required, up to 60 hours per week.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 5656 Highway 6N, RR#5, Guelph, ON, N1H 6J2
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 3
Education Required: High School
Walinga Inc. manufactures customized products such as Bulk Feed Bodies, Bag Bulk and Waste Management Units, Dump, Animal Welfare and Belt Trailers, among other products of the highest quality at the fairest price through efficiency, organization and innovation in an environment that includes all employees. Walinga is proud to have served many customers and industries worldwide. Walinga continues to supply its equipment to the grain, feed & seed industry offering worldwide sales and support.
|Contact Name: Walinga Inc.
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Walinga Inc.
|Zip: N1H 6J2