Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as a Product Manager and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too.
*This position will be based in New York, NY and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you will be doing:
As a Product Manager on the coffee and tea team, you will manage a growing category of business. You will have complete responsibility for bringing products from concept through production.
You will also have complete knowledge of competitor products, their pricing and features. Along with your Category Director, you will identify new product opportunities that are compelling to customers and consumers and on brand.
Ultimately your work will result in tools that make every day living better for millions of people.
- Contribute to the strategic vision and pipeline by using market research, product research, product testing, pricing and competitive analysis. Be a specialist and have an in depth understanding of consumer behavior in the space.
- Build and lead schedules and timelines for new product development. You will lead achievements meetings and be responsible for the assessment & communication of the schedules and risks.
- You will work with design partners, and collaborate with product engineers and manufacturing partners to bring new products to market and continuously improve our current assortment.
- Internal communication and teamwork across multiple functions with upper management, marketing, brand design and sales to prioritize and build consensus around long and short-term product development strategies and product features.
- Product Line Maintenance, responding to quality concerns and participating in cost negotiations.
- Able to sell your products to internal shareholder as well as external partners when you meet with buyers or vendors.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated, prioritize and meet tight time frames
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years' experience in product development
- Ability to perform in a self-directed, results-oriented environment
- Strong analysis ability relating to product lines and product line planning, profit margins, business trends, market segmentation, research and trends, market research, and opportunity assessment
- Hands-on research, product evaluation, testing, and user-validation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle deadlines
- Consumer goods experience
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Experience in Electronics
- Agile, Basecamp or other project management software
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.