Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor Job
|Employer Name: FAmily SErvice and Childern's Aid
|Location: Jackson, Michigan
||Date Posted: 2/1/2021
||Category: Social Services
|Number Of Openings: 2
I. POSITION SUMMARY:
To assist the BH Clinical Director with providing clinical support all behavioral health services staff with a focus in substance use and mental health counseling services, case management, trauma services, school based mental health services (K-12 and college), juvenile diversion, prevention, employee resource services including program development and curriculum development. The BH Clinical Supervisor provides direct supervision to BH Therapists, Interns, Case Managers, JUMP Instructors and other program staff. In addition to supervisory tasks, the BH Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for providing direct services including screening and assessments, individual and group therapy and crisis management.
1. * Provides orientation, regular supervision, staff development and evaluation for Behavioral Health positions.
• Monitors individual staff’s productivity level ensuring it meets agency standards
• Monitors individual staff’s caseload reports ensuring it meets agency standards
• Monitors individual staff’s cases to ensure progress on treatment goals and objectives
• Monitors evidence-based services to ensure fidelity
• Reviews clinical documents including intakes, treatment plans, and progress notes for clinical appropriateness.
2. Assists in program expansion and development in areas directly assigned along with assisting Clinical Director in overall expansion and development.
• Areas assigned could include SUD, Trauma, Mental Health, Case Management, Women’s Specialty, Juvenile Diversion, Prevention, Youth Based programming, Reports & Data, Audits & Contracts, Compliance, Staff Orientation, School Based Services, College Services, Treatment Court, ERN, DHHS, or other focuses.
3. *Fulfills the obligations inherent in the major systems of the agency (statistical system, financial system, utilization review, policy and procedures, PQI, clinical system, and case records system).
4. Carries out essential job responsibilities, such as crisis management and client consultation, and provides coverage for the Behavioral Health team with fulfilling Supervisor on Duty shifts and in times when the Clinical Director is not available.
5. Interprets the agency’s programs, goals and philosophy in the community.
6. *Assists with the monitoring of the BH Department services to ensure contractual compliance as well as maintenance of accreditation and licensing standards.
7. *Functions as a member of the Behavioral Health Services’ Management Team including involvement in contractual requirements, budgeting, and Continuous Quality Improvement and reporting activities as assigned by the Clinical Director or CCO.
8. Engages in regular supervision with supervisor and attend staff meetings and trainings as requested.
9. Participates (facilitates when needed) in weekly peer review meetings with agency’s Behavioral Health Services Department.
• Facilitates assigned specialty peer meetings
10. Contributes to and assists with program evaluation and research, as appropriate.
11. *Fulfills the requirements of all agency systems for statistical record keeping, reporting, program evaluation, quality assurance, internal control and attendance monitoring as appropriate to the position.
12. Participates in appropriate community and inter-agency planning and other activities.
13. Responsible for modeling appropriate professional behaviors/attitudes and creating a positive, trauma informed, culturally sensitive working environment including morale building and reducing secondary trauma, amongst staff and management.
14. Other tasks as assigned by Clinical Director and/or CCO.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
15. *Provides individual and group counseling, education, and therapeutic interventions for Behavioral Health intensive-outpatient and outpatient clients
• Target populations could include Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders, School Based Mental Health, Trauma, Individual, Group, Family, Couple’s, Youth & Children, and Adults. Could also include FSCA’s Employee Resource Network clients.
16. *Provides ongoing assessment of clients’ psychosocial needs and develops appropriate treatment plans to address these needs.
17. *Respond to client needs and assist in securing the necessary services and resources.
18. *Follow up with resources to assure client access and appropriateness of referral.
19. *Provide outreach to and act between other services or resources and Behavioral Health clients.
20. Monitors progress with client on treatment goals and objectives.
21. * Advocates and coordinates services for clients with the legal system and social services.
22. *Arranges and coordinates support services for clients with other community agencies.
23. *Develops and conducts psycho-educational groups for clients.
24. *Assist with intake and discharge planning and development of relapse prevention plan.
25. *Promote community-based support groups like AA/NA and committee meetings.
26. *Facilitates groups as needed.
27. Maintains accurate case files and submits all necessary forms for reporting purposes.
28. Participates in continuing education and in-service training events for the purpose of professional development, including training requirements for professional licenses.
29. All other duties as assigned.
● Master’s Degree in Social Work or related degree, with three or more years’ experience with at-risk population, preferred or a Bachelor of Social Work, plus 4 years of experience as a social service worker, 2 years of which shall have been in an agency
● Appropriate State licensure for degree.
● Has obtained a CAADC/CADC or willingness to enter developmental plan with MCBAP.
• Willing to obtain CCS from MCBAP, if applicable.
● Experience or aptitude in supervision and leadership.
● Proficiency with computers.
● Program evaluation experience preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and relationships essential to the position.
● Demonstrated ability to organize and manage tasks relevant to the position.
● Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
● Group presentation or facilitation experience.
● Cultural sensitivity, trauma informed approach, gender competent (women’s specialty) knowledge of family dynamics and community resources.
*Essential job duties per the Americans with Disabilities Act
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 3
Education Required: Masters
Overnight Travel: None
Vacation Time: 2 weeks / year
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Flex Time
Family Service & Children’s Aid (FSCA) touches the lives of thousands of people in Jackson County through a variety of programs all designed to strengthen individuals and families.
Web Site: https://strong-families.org/
|Contact Name: Melissa Myers
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Family Service and Children's Aid