Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
|Desired Industry: Accounting/Bookkeeping
|Desired Job Location: Temple Hills, Maryland
||Date Posted: 6/4/2018
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 06.05.18
|Desired Wage: 55000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Goal-driven and analytical professional with extensive experience in handling financial and accounting functions, encompassing accounts payable and accounts receivable processing, financial analysis, and financial reporting. Skilled at providing financial information to management through research and evaluation of data and reports. Effective at collaborating with colleagues and other stakeholders to ensure timely completion of designated task. Meticulous in dealing with and analyzing data, processes, and systems to identify areas for improvement, as well as to execute the necessary modification. Strict at enforcing compliance with company policies and other regulations.
CONFIDENTIAL | BETHESDA, MD
- Managed the processing of all accounts payable for four different companies.
- Handled the reconciliation of work processes through verification and comparison of system reports to balances, along with all entries for booking all sales and use taxes in real time through computation of all requirements on paid invoices to generate reports on sales taxes.
- Ensured the maintenance of accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Carried out all aspects of accounts payable procedure to support and maximize daily operational productivity.
- Guaranteed the development and timely distribution of vendor payments, while addressing and responding to all vendor payment inquiries.
- Closely monitored and reconciled corporate credit card expenses, while securing accurate receipts.
- Evaluated individual expense reports and verified approval by management in accordance with stringent organizational guidelines.
- Recorded approximately 350 invoices per day into the in-house accounting software.
- Offered reception service and additional administrative support as needed.
ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION | WASHINGTON, DC
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist 2002–2007
- Efficiently processed all accounts payables for the construction operations, along with accounts receivable for consulting services.
- Created and submitted invoices based in alignment with set financial schedule.
- Developed and modified customer accounts with interactions, payments and personal information.
- Secured a detailed and organized database that consisted of estimates, costs, and goals for each project.
- Took charge of processing payments and application of customer balances.
- Prepared spreadsheets for other team members for data tracking and analysis.
- Communicated with customers to gather outstanding payments through one-time and installment negotiation methods.
- Generated effective accounting reports by summarizing accounts payable data.
- Conducted comprehensive research on construction projects up for bid on governmental procurement website.
- Administered the preparation of all accounts payable information into cohesive records, while producing billing statements for timely assessment and approval of project manager.
- Managed the reconciliation of vendor statements, while addressing and resolving payment complaints and discrepancies.
NATIONAL KIDNEY FOUNDATION | WASHINGTON, DC
FOUNDATION FOR DEMOCRACY IN AFRICA | WASHINGTON DC
Executive Assistant to the President
Bachelor of Business Administration, with Concentration in Management, In Progress (Expected Completion: Dec 2019)
Strayer University, Suitland, MD
Associate of Applied Science in Business Management, Dec 2013
Prince George's Community College, Largo, MD
Account Reconciliation | Financial Statement Preparation| Cash Handling | Financial Consulting Services
Tax Management | Expense Reporting | Document Management | Construction Operations and Transactions
Sales and Used Tax Training ~ Communication with Tact, Professionalism & Diplomacy ~ Business Writing, Grammar, and Usage
Microsoft Dynamics SL | QuickBooks | Microsoft Office Suite | Tenant Pro | Timberline Software | Expense Reporting System
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.