Director, Human Resources Resume
|Desired Industry: Healthcare
|Desired Job Location: Arlington, Texas
||Date Posted: 12/2/2017
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 1/1/2018
|Desired Wage: 150000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Director level HR position focusing on total rewards.
10+ years' experience in progressively responsible positions in the industries of healthcare, manufacturing and consulting.
CHRISTUS HEALTH, Irving, TX 2014-Present
CHRISTUS Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health care system comprised of 30,000 employees who serve in more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities in seven U.S. states and six states in Mexico. Ranked among the top 10 Catholic health systems in the United States by size, CHRISTUS has assets of more than $4.6 billion.
Director, Compensation and Payroll Services
Responsible for the total non-executive compensation function and US payroll operations.
• Hired and trained first in house compensation team at new corporate headquarters. Conducted weekly lunch ‘n learns in order to enrich team knowledge and skill base. Created and delivered HR Business Partner Compensation training.
• Completed first in-house system review utilizing the Companalyst tool. Revamped grade structure for all salary plans resulting in a simplified, common structure and grades for all regions.
• Collaboratively worked with the Talent Management and Education teams to implement the SuccessFactors Compensation worksheets module making the annual merit review process simple and seamless.
• Revamped system non-executive incentive plan making rewards tie more closely to short-term success.
• Assumed leadership of a demoralized, disengaged and short-staffed department and in less than one year transformed the group into a high performing, professional payroll team. The Press Ganey Employee Partnership Overall Employee Engagement Score increased from the 17th percentile in May 2014 to the 90th percentile the following year. Scores improved again in 2016 and 2017
• Oversaw the addition of 5,000 Associates meeting time and budget expectations.
VIRBAC CORPORATION, Fort Worth, TX 2013 2014
French- owned manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and health care products for animals.
HR Compensation and Benefits Manager
Responsible for the total compensation, payroll and benefit programs for the US and Canadian workforce as well as the employee relations for the outside sales staff and the corporate office.
• Implemented Hay Point Factor system for American operations. Market priced the structure with the Mercer SIRS survey data resulting in compensation evaluation method and pricing consistent with world-wide operations.
VALERIE MOORE, MS, SPHR, CEBS PAGE TWO
BAYLOR ALL SAINTS MEDICAL CENTER, Fort Worth, TX 2010-2012
Second largest medical center in the Baylor system.
Senior Human Resources Consultant
Delivered day-to-day and strategic human resources services to all Critical Care inpatient units, Care Coordination, Social Work, Transplant, Access Services, HIM, Radiology, Cardiology and all outpatient clinics encompassing approximately 700 employees.
MMH PARTNERS, LP, Dallas, TX 2007–2009
Provider of continuing medical education, professional support and oncology consulting services for physicians, patients and pharmaceutical industry.
Director, Human Resources
Leadership accountability to develop human resources as a proactive department driving cultural change resulting in higher retention, productivity and engagement.
• Led vision, mission and values focus group comprised of selected, high performance employees, resulting product laid foundation for short term strategic business plans.
• Created recommendation encompassing entire employee benefits offering based on needs of high growth company; received bids for all services, chose vendors and managed the transition of all payroll and benefits to new systems.
• Designed and implemented award nominated (Champions in Health Workplace Wellness Award) wellness program resulting in no increase in first- year medical benefits renewal rate. Staff participation in wellness program at 93%. Additional results of wellness initiative include 16% shift in blood sugar level improvement, 11% increase in physical activity, and 15% increase in weight loss maintenance.
• Transitioned 401(k) from Transamerica to Morgan Stanley resulting in better investment options, and lower administrative fees as well as better support and services. Due to substantially increased participation, plan found in full compliance with ERISA testing.
HUMPHREYS AND PARTNERS ARCHITECTS, LP, Dallas, TX 2004–2007
Award-winning multi-family, residential firm with domestic and international office locations.
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the President, managed the recruitment and employee relations activity.
• M.S., Industrial Relations and Human Resources, Rutgers University, Institute of Management and Labor Relations, New Brunswick, NJ
• B.A., Rutgers College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
• Certificate in Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Group Benefits Associate (GBA) and Compensation Management Specialist (CMS), International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
• Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), Society of Human Resources Management
• International Society of Certified Employee Benefits Specialists-Dallas Chapter Board
• Chair, Group One Compensation Committee, 2017-2018
• American Payroll Association
• Society of Human Resource Management
All Office Products
ADP Payroll systems
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.