Executive General Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Executive
|Desired Job Location: New York, New York
||Date Posted: 11/8/2017
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 11.09.17
|Desired Wage: 100000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Executive (President, VP, CEO)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: MBA
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Globally competent, performance-driven, and highly accomplished professional, offering wide-ranging experience in
strategic planning, leadership, strategy, marketing and development, as well as operations management. Armed with
proven record of success in working within international markets, including Africa, Europe, and the United States.
Effective at driving company profitability by leading high-caliber teams of professionals, as well as developing
initiatives in alignment with company goals. Multilingual in English, Portuguese, Spanish, and some French.
SULLAIR, LLC (An Hitachi Group Company) Michigan, MI, USA
Consultant –Europe and Strategic Accounts (Based in Lisbon, Portugal) 2017–Present
- Directly report to the vice president of EMEA, fulfill technical-, marketing-, and commercial-related responsibilities
related to compressed air, vacuum, and oil-free distribution in Ireland, Southern Europe, and the United Kingdom.
- Spearhead change management project by the Senior Executives in Michigan, by supporting the remaining and
existent distribution network in Marketing and Technical and expanding the network within Europe.
GROUP TESUCO – DIESEL ELECTRICA, Maputo, Mozambique
Managing Director 2014–2017
- Assumed responsibility in reporting to the company’s chief executive officer (CEO). Managing Director, and
president of the board of Directors of the company (Main competitor in Power of CAT and known as BOSCH).
- Expertly oversaw overall operations of the company, which included profit and loss (P&L), key performance
indicators (KPIs), procurement, marketing, sales, business development, human resources, accounting, and BSC.
- Functioned as interim financial director, accountable for the monthly reporting of the Balance Sheet, Income
Statement, Cash flow and control of AP and AR from in all 2015 and part of 2016.
- Held accountability in developing business units and profit centres to diversify the activity of the company that was
focused in one single customer and activity; supervising more than 20 department managers and over 140
workers; and in establishing relationships with stakeholders, shareholders, auditors, and banks.
- Maintained and negotiated long-term commitments with leasing companies for a fleet of over 100 vehicles.
- Exemplified analytical skills in resolving internal issues and long-term contracts, as well as heritages from previous
Executives and strikes organized by syndicates
- Applied strategic approach in negotiating overdrafts with banks, thus reducing the total from $1.5M to $0.6M;
- Earned positive operational profits in 2014 that was previously losing $1M and $1.5M year-over-year in 2012 and
2013, by increasing the turnover of the retail and engineering businesses in more than 400%;
- Significantly increased productivity and introduced a methodology of evaluation to minimize total number of
- Resourcefully decreased the debt of the principal debtor from $3M to less than $500K;
- Earned selection as market leader for Power Generation with SDMO, FG WILSON, and HIMOINSA and became the
first company in the Group to sell Heavy Equipment with SANY, Wacker Neuson, Silla, SDLG and Zoomillion.
BARLOWORLD/ CATERPILLAR, Maputo, Mozambique
Country Manager – Power Generation and Energy 2012–2014
- Set strategic direction in empowering and transforming global industrial corporation listed on Johannesburg and
London stock exchanges and the biggest dealer of Caterpillar.
- Took charge of electrical power, marine, petroleum, and industrial businesses Barloworld in Mozambique, which
included prime sales, parts, having as target markets Mining, Construction, Industrial and Manufacturing.
- Strategized initiatives and reported to senior management, executive board, and CATERPILLAR in each B. Lines.
- Served as project manager in various Diesel Power Generation projects from contract closure to commissioning.
- Fostered and maintained relationships with Allight Sykes and Caterpillar and all other business Stakeholders.
- Boosted turnover by 30% (operating profit in 20%) in first year of employment and 52% in the second;
- Succeeded in bringing 130% turnover growth to the business within two years;
- Drove efforts in introducing rental business, opening an office in North to support the petroleum sector.
ATLANCO RIMEC GROUP, Dublin, Ireland
Director – International Business 2010–2011
- Oversaw business development and contract negotiation of power plant and construction projects targeting
European companies and contractors within projects over $50M.
- Handled proposals and contracts for large construction sites and multimillion power plants providing groups of
subcontracted teams for implementation of projects.
- Superintended large clients, such as VINCI, MAETEL, COBRA, Tecnicas Reunidas, and MAESSA.
- Took charge of employing and leading 12 persons, including direct reports based from Ireland, Portugal, and Spain.
- Enhanced turnover from 0K in 2009 to $1M in 2010 and $4M in 2011;
- Successfully closed three of five biggest contracts in Power Generation / Plants of the group in 2011;
- Received recommendation from the CEO to be the France General Manager due to growth results and performance.
APAMILUX, SA (FINERTEC ENERGY GROUP) Lisbon, Portugal
Commercial and Marketing Director (Contract) 2009–2010
- Directed production, engineering, quality, marketing and sales of the company leading 20+ employees.
- Administered the overall procurement and subcontractors network.
- Led the execution, implementation of commercial and marketing plan, as well as the P&L of the operations;
- Applied attention to detail in reorganizing Commercial and Technical Department that enabled the shareholder
transition in December year;
- Maximized operational results by 30% through the expansions to new customers and higher profitability projects.
ANCHOR WALL SYSTEMS, INC., Rochester, MN, USA
Business Development Manager (Egypt, Portugal, and Spain) 2007–2009
- Guided concrete block manufacturers and handled international business and contracts.
- Steered efforts in managing operations toward the targeted business and financial goals.
- Worked with licensee in carrying out business and marketing initiatives defined by the group in the USA.
- Communicated with the company’s vice president based in Australia and to European manager based in the United
- Earned selection as guest speaker in various engineering association and construction events;
JOÃO MIGUEL FERREIRA, MBA, MSC ENG.
ADDRESS: Rua Sebastiao da Gama N327, 1dt Lisbon, Lisboa Portugal 2785008
MOBILE: +351.964.588.285 | +351.214.441.716 EMAIL: email@example.com
3 | http://pt.linkedin.com/in/joaomigueldossantosferreira
- Played integral role in the management of new dealership process in Egypt.
SOPLACAS, SA (HEIDELBERGCEMENT GROUP/ ANCHOR WALL SYSTEMS LICENSEE), Lisbon, Portugal
Anchor Wall Systems - Dealer Business Manager 2004–2007
- Performed key responsibilities, which included reporting to general manager and company shareholder
maintaining relations with stakeholders; and cultivating subcontractors’ network development.
- Keenly monitored the organizations’ costs and budgets and managed a Sales, Technical and Marketing team.
- Facilitated all facets of project and supply chain management.
- Elaborated a Business and Marketing Plan to grow the retail (DIY and BIY) and Engineering markets in Iberia.
- Garnered the Anchor Wall on Track Award in 2006 for demonstrating outstanding performance in sales and
marketing in Portugal and Spain growing the Anchor Wall Business from $0.2M in 2004 up to $3M in 2007;
- Played pivotal role in the successful formation of Sales and Marketing Team implementing strategies for both the
Retail B&C, distribution network channels and Engineering Business B&B;
Carre Bleu, Lisbon, Portugal
Engineer – Water Systems and Water Treatment
Apamilux, SA, Lisbon, Portugal
Project Manager – Mechanical Structures and Curtain Wall
Ambisegur, Lisbon, Portugal
HSE Consultant – Construction and Industrial
Master of Business Administration, with Specialization in Energy and Renewables: 2013
ISCTE Business School, Lisbon, Portugal / Columbia SIPA, NY, USA
Master of Science in Management, Major in International Business: 2012
Instituto Superior Gestão (ISG), Lisbon, Portugal
Thesis: Internationalization to emergent markets of the European Union: A growth opportunity for Portuguese companies
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering: 2012
Universidade Nova Lisboa (UNL.FCT), Lisbon, Portugal
Dissertation: Concrete block manufacturing technologies
Postgraduate in Marketing Marketing: 2006
Intituto Superior de Economia Gestão (ISEG), Lisbon, Portugal
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering: 1998
Universidade Nova Lisboa (UNL.FCT), Lisbon, Portugal
Business Development and Operations | Process Improvement | Change Management | International Business |
Stakeholders Management | Strategic Planning | New Products, Solutions and Markets | Project Management
Project Coordination | Relationship Building | Organizational Development | Sales & Marketing B&B| P&L Management
Certifications 2017 Stanford University - Energy Innovation and Emerging Technologies Certification
2013 Caterpillar Certified Petroleum Sales Manager/Product Support Manager;
2013 Caterpillar Certified Marine Sales Manager / Product Support Manager;
2013 Caterpillar Certified Electric Power Sales Manager/Product Support Manager
2011 Certified in Project Management, Inst. of Commercial Management / Griffith Dublin, IE
Courses Energy Storage (XEIET139-022); Solar Cells (XEIET132-027); Smart Grid: Sensing, Data
Analytics and Control (XEIET 137-023)
RE and EE Systems and Concepts; Energy Policy and Economic Framework
Electric Power Installation Guidelines; Engine Fundamentals; Exhaust Emissions; Gas Engine
Rating Pro (GERP); Generator Systems; Marine Electronics; Marine Propulsion; Marine Safety;
Switchgear Basics - Low Voltage; Alternative Gas Fuel Applications; Basics of Electricity for
Electric Power; Engines & Generators Sizing; Electric Power Generation for Mine; Electric Power
I – Introduction and DC Theory; Electronic Communications; Global Petroleum Transmissions;
UPS Basics; Engines and Applications; Understanding the Petroleum Industry WBT;
Development of Cellulosic Biofuels
Trainings Processes Approach; Procurement-Selection of Suppliers; Electrical installations (Certiel),
Quality Systems Audit (Aerlis), Marketing B&B, Management for Micro Companies
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project) | Navision
SPSS | Salesforce | AutoCAD | SAP | Pastel Evolution
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.