|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
||Date Posted: 7/1/2017
|Type of Position: Full-Time Temporary
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No Preference
Seeking an entry-level position in chemistry
Pharmacy Technician-CVS/Caremark, San Antonio, TX January 2017-Present
• Performed data entry for clients while adhering to HIPAA policies and government regulations
• Learned the process of acting as an intermediary between the insurance and pharmacy
• Worked hard to make sure each patient received the medications they requested
• Recognized for achieving a record low idol time
• Recognized for processing an above average number of documents per hour
Undergraduate Research Assistant-Stable Isotope Lab, La Jolla, CA March 2015-June 2016
• Designed and constructed a vacuum line whose purpose is to fluorinate water obtained from a series of exchange reactions that occurred in a Mars-simulated atmosphere
• Used mass spectrometry to measure the isotopic composition of oxygen generated from the fluorination of water with bromine pentafluoride which allowed for analysis of various samples
• Performed gas chromatography to separate nitrogen from oxygen and obtain purer samples
• Gained experience in experimental design.
• Provided the laboratory with a method of obtaining isotopically-varied oxygen samples from water.
Student Lab Assistant- UCSD Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, La Jolla, CA October 2014-June 2015
• Prepare solutions to be used in chemistry laboratory courses.
• Managed laboratory glassware in the proper manner
• Acquired knowledge and experience working in a laboratory setting
• Learned to work in a team-oriented environment
• Learned to multitask efficiently
Warehouse Assistant-Arise Solar, Fresno, CA June 2012-August 2012
• Directed the location where incoming solar panels were to be stored on a weekly basis
• Efficient with limited storage space by organizing the solar panels in a way that increased available space
• Acquired experience in the work environment
• Developed critical thinking skills in order to solve problems that were presented
• Developed experience in team work
The University of California at San Diego
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry September 2012- June 2016
• Biochemical: Enzymatic assays, protein visualization, protein purification, SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis, chromosomal and plasmid DNA isolation, gene cloning and subcloning, genomic library development, PCR and DNA sequencing analysis
• Organic purification strategies: Column chromatography, liquid-liquid and acid-base extraction, reflux, crystallization, distillation
• Organic synthesis: Electrophilic aromatic substitution. acylation and protecting group strategies, chemical reduction, alkylation and nucleophilic addition reactions, acyloin condensation, Diels-alder reactions, aldol condensations, and Grignard reactions
• Analytical: IR spectroscopy, UV-vis spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, gas chromatography, TLC, atomic absorption spectrometry, NMR interpretation
• Microbiology: cell-plating, aseptic technique, bright-field and phase contrast microscopy including microscope calibration, Gram staining, acid staining, microbial growth measurement via hemocytometers and spectrophotometry, organism characterization through analysis of macronutrient use, aerobic/anaerobic characteristics, endospore testing, motility, temperature and pH preferences, transposon mutagenesis and evaluation of antibiotic effectiveness via the Kirby Bauer Method.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Certified Pharmacy Technician July 2016
• ACS Certification June 2016
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.