Director of Security, Risk Management, Adjunct College Professor Resume
|Desired Industry: Law Enforcement/Security/Safety
|Desired Job Location: Duncanville, Texas
||Date Posted: 4/23/2017
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: $90K to $150K
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Highly analytical, performance-driven, and solutions-oriented professional, with extensive experience in providing the highest quality of public security and safety. Armed with expertise in operations management, employee relations, as well as training and development. Adept at developing and implementing effective action plans while identifying key initiatives to improve operational efficiency and productivity. Known for conducting thorough assessments and maintaining strict confidentiality of information. Expert at leading high-caliber teams in accomplishing key tasks; while fostering accountability to achieve project goals and objectives within set-forth scope, time, and budget constraints. Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
CONFIDENTIAL | DALLAS, TX
First Vice President | Dec 2015–Present
- Take charge of ensuring awareness and conformance of the Board of Directors and members with applicable laws and bylaws in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Facilitate board business meetings and evaluating performance effectively and efficiently.
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding corporate governance principles, involving structure, composition, practices and policies of the Board; as well as membership criteria, which include expertise, business or financial experience, character, diversity, and other board memberships of the candidate.
- Employ keen attention to detail in conducting qualifications reviews and nominees selection for election and reelection as members of the Board Committees; while providing members’ assignments to committees and arranging committee chairs appointment and committee members rotation.
- Keenly oversee and perform the annual assessment of Board performance and prepare oral or verbal reports regarding findings, which include charter evaluation for ammendment.
- Implement sole authority in retaining or terminating independent counsel or other advisors and any search firm for identifying director candidates, including search firms' fees and other retention terms approval.
- Coordinate additional activities from time to time within the the Black Police Association of Greater Dallas.
Fiscal Officer | Jan 2013–Dec 2015
- Assumed full responsibility in managing fund expenditures and handling annual budget worth $225K.
- Guaranteed appropriate budget for fund, processes and control placement while securing assets and recording transactions.
- Performed monthly accounts reconciliations; while ensuring alignment of expenditures with the budget and execution of appropriate budget changes.
- Functioned as the signature authority, in charge of approving all financial transactions
- Generated reports and accountings to the Directors as required by the Board of Directors.
CONFIDENTIAL | DALLAS, TEXAS (Aug 1995–Present)
Sergeant, Northwest Division Neighborhood Police Officer Program (Community Policing) | Mar 2015–Present
- Facilitate trainings; while assessing the work performance of 12 police officers.
- Conformed to the applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations in interpreting and implementing decisions.
- Closely interfaced with citizens, police executives, and crime watch groups to interpret and explain city policies and procedures as well as present the police department’s mission; while establishing relationship with the public and the Dallas Police Department.
- Performed various criminal and special investigations; as well as victims, complainant, witnesses, and suspect interviews.
- Effectively handled and addressed community crime and quality of life issues through facts and evidence collection, analysis, and action plan development.
- Wrote clear and concise reports and routine correspondence; while conveying information and directions regarding one-on-one and small group situations to the general public and organizational employees.
- Made major contribution in developing an efficient system for complaints monitoring.
Patrol Sergeant | Oct 2014–Mar 2015
- Displayed skills in addressing crime and community issues through the development and implementation of effective action plans.
- Solely managed 9 to 12 police officers; while completing employee performance evaluations.
Open Records Sergeant | Aug 2014–Oct 2014
- Offered expert leadership to 22 sworn and non-sworn personnel in the Open Records Unit
- Guaranteed on-time release of request for Open Records
- Held responsibility in guaranteeing report review by the Dallas City Attorney’s Office; while preparing redacted information from reports.
- Maintained the confidentiality of all relevant criminal investigations information.
- Demonstrated competency in ensuring appropriate department units and personnel received open record requests.
- Avoided delay in obtaining requestor’s information to prevent attorney general complaints.
Facilities Management Sergeant | Aug 2014–Oct 2014
- Led ten police officers, responsible for conducting outer and inner perimeter security checks for Jack Evans Police Headquarters Facility security.
- Initiated the implementation of the emergency operations plan during an emergency event.
- Established and maintained close coordination of all functions concerning security, continuity, and safety.
Applicant Processing Unit Sergeant, Personnel and Development Division | Jan 2013–Aug 2014
- Responsible for processing applicants for the position of Trainee Police Officer.
- Responsible for processing police applicants for phase I and II testing.
- Guaranteed the diversity of classes for the Police Academy trainees in alignment with the City of Dallas
- Organized schedules of all police, civilian, retired, and reserve personnel for entry-level test requirements.
- Observed strict compliance of all sworn, retired, and reserve officers with Texas Combined Officer Law Enforcement (TCOLE) licensing standards; departmental reinstatement guidelines; and medical, polygraph and psychological testing schedules.
- Handled all monthly on-site police applicant testing; along with the phase II testing of trainee police applicants for basic police academy training assignment.
- Launched database access for officers utilization in entering and recording work actions data.
- Played an integral role in achieving annual department hiring goals of 200 officers through the execution of efficient procedures for prospective applicants monitoring during the processing phase.
First Watch Administrative Sergeant | Feb 2010–Jan 2013
- Ensured completion of payroll entries into the Lawson Payroll system; as well as monthly and annual time card audits.
- Maintained active involvement during the Divisional Watch Commanders meeting.
- Prepared and compiled divisional statistical data and reports on a weekly basis; while completing and administering crime matrix and crime initiative reviews.
- Received additional responsibilities during designation to the Southwest Patrol Division.
First Watch Sector Sergeant | Jun 2009–Feb 2010
- Rendered direct supervision to a sector with 9 to 12 police officers.
- Conducted employee performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Enhanced overall performance by participating in weekly sector and divisional watch commanders meetings to gain feedback for improvement as well as by assessing weaknesses and implementing strategic plans.
First Watch Sector Sergeant | Jun 2008–Jun 2009
- Supervised a sector composed of ten police officers; while performing performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Partook in weekly sector and divisional watch commanders meetings to obtain feedback for improvement, as well as assessed weaknesses and implemented strategic plans, thereby improving overall performance.
First Watch Sector Sergeant | Aug 2007–Jun 2008
- Solely directed ten officers and conducted employee performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Obtained feedback for improvement and evaluated weaknesses and executed strategic plans through participation in weekly sector and divisional watch commanders meetings to boost overall performance.
Crimes Against Persons, Assaults Detective | May 2005–Aug 2007
- Carried out criminal investigations such as misdemeanor and felony assaults, protective orders violations; while collecting and utilizing forensic evidence to resolve crimes.
- Facilitated follow-up to leads and interview to informants, suspects, and witnesses to acquire ascertain alibis, clues, time frames, and possible suspects.
- Maintained detailed documentation and investigative reports including suspect physical information and preserved evidence carefully to ensure proper department received it.
- Search warrants; and ensured physical evidence was collected at crime scenes.
- Displayed skills in explaining evidence significance as it relates to proof to the jury.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal and state statutes and court cases in accomplishing tasks and complying with agency rules and regulations.
- Worked closely with other departments in exchanging information and coordinating activities,
Earlier Positions Held:
Crimes Against Persons Assaults Detective
Class Advisor for Recruit Class 291
Police Senior Corporal
UNITED STATES ARMY | LOCATION
United States Army Reserve, Combat Medic (Honorable Discharge)
Executive Master of Science in Justice Administration and Leadership, In Progress: Expected Graduation: Dec 2017)
University of Texas at Dallas| Richardson, TX
Master of Arts in Professional Development and Leadership with Emphasis in Criminal Justice, 2015
Dallas Baptist University | Dallas, TX
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, 2006
University of Phoenix | Tempe, AZ
Master Peace Officer | Advanced Peace Officer | Intermediate Peace Officer | Basic Peace Officer, State of Texas
ASIS International | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated
Alpha Phi Sigma | National Criminal Justice Honor Society
Professional Interviewing Skills
Hiring and Orientation
Performance Evaluation and Monitoring
Regulatory and Standards Compliance
Criminal and Special Investigations
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Police Bicycle Training | Terrorism Awareness Seminar for Law Enforcement
Gang Identification and Awareness | Financial Investigations | Narc-Cons. Knock and Talk Search for Patrol
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) Driver Training Course Dallas Police Academy
ICP Weed and Seed | Caruth Police Institute Supervisor Series
Microsoft Certification (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Six Sigma Blue Belt | Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Volunteer, Heart to Heart Group Home Volunteer
Member and Kappa League Mentor, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.