Director of community/ Program manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Recreation
|Desired Job Location: Burbank, California
||Date Posted: 8/25/2016
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 55000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Seasoned, performance-focused, and compassionate social services professional, offering extensive experience in providing assistance to clients to successfully transition into community college, volunteer work, internship, and paid employment.
Efficient at managing large caseloads, while rendering appropriate intervention and direction to clients. Effective motivator and advocate, with distinctive ability to interact with all types of personalities within a stressful and challenging environment. Capable of working with various institutions including Van Nuys Courthouse, Valley Presbyterian Hospital, Child Development Institute (Early Learning Center), Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC), Los Angeles Mission College (LAMC), Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC), and West Valley Occupational Center (WVOC). Articulate communicator with bilingual fluency in English and Spanish. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Works, and Internet.
NORTH LOS ANGELES COUNTY REGIONAL CENTER, VAN NUYS, CA
Consumer Services Coordinator/Case Manager Feb 2015–Present
- Interface with various individuals including adult consumers with developmental and mental disabilities; as well as families, service providers, and outside agencies to provide information on service eligibility, regional center service standards and methods, and generic agency programs.
- Carry out case management for adult caseloads of 94 consumers, while working with appropriate personnel to create program plans and oversee results.
- Take charge of facilitating ongoing review of documentation and verification of status.
- Offer effective advocacy services through training of consumers and families on issue resolution and decision-making of problematic cases or situations.
- Secure and properly document case records, necessary paperwork, funding, billing accounts; while generating reports and communicating effectively with various individuals through personal, mail, fax, telephone, and email.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate scheduled meetings within a month despite having more than 49% of consumers requiring quarterly visitation and review.
- Maintained steadiness of caseload with minimal changes in the past three months.
- Consistently increased volume of title 19 notes on a monthly basis, while maintaining agency productivity standard of approximately 400 units.
TIERRA DEL SOL FOUNDATION, SUNLAND-TUJUNGA, CA
Staff Trainer | Quality Assurance Supervisor Apr 2013–Jan 2015
- Presided over the training of all incoming staff on various topics including:
> Policy and procedures such as request for client services, special incident reports, mandating reporting, and rights of people with developmental disabilities;
> Purpose and use of paperwork such as path plans, individual service plan, 1-5’s, and all case notes; and
> Vocational and community skills and client task assessment, skill development plan and task analysis, personal development, and issue resolution.
- Spearheaded training for the Nexus program during in-service, buzz session, and Encouraging of the Heart on a monthly basis; while interviewing prospective candidates for open position.
- Provided assistance with the development of methodologies and plans for system utilization activities.
- Contributed key insights to the staff on tools, task analysis, resources, and role playing techniques to meet client individual service plan and path plan goals.
- Facilitated employee observations and prepared reports to be discussed with the staff.
- Oversaw a direct service staff of floaters, providing services to clients in different geographic areas.
- Employed analytical skills in updating and verifying curriculum binders of clients, focusing on career path development, community navigation, self-advocacy and support system development, and workplace excellence.
- Accurately encoded information into the computer system, while responding to routine questions from other employees and distributing information to appropriate personnel.
- Prepared and submitted letters for donation for the Encouragement of the Heart monthly gathering.
- Earned multiple promotions during tenure for excellent performance and professionalism.
- Displayed unsurpassed commitment to serve clients while enhancing staff member’s skills, resulting in the improvement of quality of services provided to agency clients and partners.
- Made major contribution to the 84% decrease in voluntary staff turnover from 2013–2014.
Temporary Nexus Area Manager May 2011–Nov 2011
- Rendered quality assurance and case management services to all clients; played a key role as liaison among community partners.
- Worked closely with clients, families, and other Nexus team members toward the development of opportunities to engage them in adult education, community service, paid work, and recreational/cultural activities of their choice.
- Fulfilled key tasks including overseeing person-centered planning process, preparing plan documents, and identifying desired goals, objectives, and action plans.
- Built and cultivated positive working relationships with clients, families, regional center counselors, and other social service agencies.
- Organized and managed monthly area meetings with the staff for one-on-one review of paperwork and discussion of client progression.
Floater Instructor | Community Service Coach Jan 2009–May 2013
- Aided clients with personal care, mobility, feeding, advocacy, studies, homework, projects, workshops, and other resources within the campus and the community to develop their overall independence.
- Organized community activities for clients to meet their individual service and educational plans, as well as path plan objectives.
- Made use of request for client services form to communicate program, staff, and client issues to the program director and client coordinators.
- Created and executed individual service plans for each client, based on information from the person-centered futures planning process.
- Developed and implemented behavior support plans, while assisting with medical, behavioral, and other client emergencies.
- Fostered client growth in coordination with families, care providers, and colleges including Los Angeles Valley College (LAVC), Los Angeles Mission College (LAMC), Los Angeles Pierce College (LAPC), and West Valley Occupational Center (WVOC), volunteer sites, and regional center.
YWCA/JOB CORPS, LOS ANGELES, CA
Program Advisor Mar 2008–Sep 2008
- Observed strict compliance with center rules and regulations by closely monitoring students in residential floors; recorded and documented student activity and incidences.
- Implemented favorable behavior patterns to promote an atmosphere conducive to character development.
- Promptly responded to emergency situations including injury, illness, traumatic experience, and emotionalism.
Earlier Position Held:
YMCA-AMERICORPS PROGRAM, LOS ANGELES, CA
After–School Program | Camp Counselor Mar 1997–Apr 2000
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, LOS ANGELES, CA
Package Handler/Driver Mar 2005–Sep 2010
THE PARTY STAFF, LOS ANGELES, CA
Catering/Server/Bartender/Dishwaasher Jan 2000–Sep 2010
GRATTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, LOS ANGELES, CA
Teacher Assistant Apr 2000–Feb 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES, CA
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED)–Adult
CPR-Child and Infant | Standard First Aid: AMERICAN RED CROSS
How to Make the Transition from Staff to Supervisor: FRED PRYOR SEMINARS–CAREER TRACK
Motivational Interviewing for Change
AWARDS AND HONORS
Instructor Certification Award–Handle with Care (Behavior Management System)
Board Member–Burbank Housing Corporation | Fundraiser–Tierra Del Sol Harvest Festival
Fundraiser–Tierra Del Sol Family to Family | Volunteer–Tierra Del Sol Donations
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.