|Desired Industry: Information Technology
|Desired Job Location: Campbell, California
||Date Posted: 7/12/2016
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: Immediately
|Desired Wage: 140000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Strategic and results-driven professional, offering more than 12 years of practical experience in Software Industry focused on technical program management and product quality. Accredited as a contributor to the development of all Norton major product releases. Resourceful leader skilled in streamlining operation and maintaining schedule to ensure maximum results in business revenue. Ability to manage multiple concurrent high value projects while maintaining technical savvy, strategic thinking and tactical execution. Practical understanding of managing full life-cycle large-scale modern production software programs. High proficiency in planning, collaboration, communication with ability to drive business operations and processes efficiently and effectively. Strong Analytical background and business intuition to synthesize and make recommendations based on imperfect data. Fully engaged with product engineering team to define and innovate product prototypes. Ability to evaluate, integrate and re-architect solutions to ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals. Possess a unique blend of hands on experience in Enterprise, Commercial and Consumer products.
Additional qualifications include:
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives.
- Adept in data-driven decision making and problem solving
- Ability to successfully influence others to best outcomes without having to use authority.
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments.
- Exposure to product management best practices and requirements elicitation.
- Strong experience and understanding of software engineering practices and change management.
- Familiarity with both Waterfall and Agile methods, including practices through multiple Scrum and Kanban teams.
SYMANTEC CORPORATION | MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Technical Program Manager 2012–Present
- Manage cross-functional engineering projects in a matrix organization to analyze and drive strategic product delivery in highest quality, efficiency and on time
- Highly involved in development of project life cycle during analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, and post implementation phases.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project scope and help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives and the single point of contact for the team in every aspect of the project life.
- Coordinate highly-specialized resources such as developers, design team, engineers and analysts to define accurate functional specification and requirements for the project and to ensure that tasks are prioritized.
- Build project plans, reconcile team schedules, and establish proper milestones to ensure that tasks are executed in proper sequence
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Guide the team to develop a deep understanding of company’s product offering, features, risks and ultimately focusing on code quality and product efficiency.
- Encourage collaboration between team members, product owner and component teams for continuous knowledge sharing and to ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, appropriate resolution paths are created and acted upon.
- Experiment and integrate various tools that can help with continuous process improvement.
- Prepare and present program and project status to key stakeholders at regular intervals
Software Quality Assurance Specialist 2003–2012
- Own and is accountable for overall product version test plans, prioritization of tasks and test schedules
- Work closely with architects and senior developers on software design and architectural issues to provide guidance from a quality, development cost, and release cycle standpoint and help understand key quality issues from competitive and marketplace perspectives.
- Accountable for overall product version test plans.
- Creative in problem-solving with solutions that are able to synthesize new and existing solution elements.
- Provide advice to development on adequacy, completeness, and testability of documented product requirements.
- Serve as a corporate resource, providing management with broad-based technical direction and guidance on the entire quality assurance function.
- Help to recognize benefits related to new and emerging software testing methods, tools, and new software quality factors and metrics.
- Evaluate alternative resources and select those that are most suitable for use by the company.
- Sensitive to possible negative consequences of prospective changes and to make analytical in decision-making capabilities when necessary.
- Provide advice to development team on adequacy, completeness, and testability of documented product requirements.
- Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Work with technical developers to design and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with other teams to create best practices for how QA testing should be performed.
- Define and execute unit- and integration-level tests on product prototypes, and to evaluate re-architecture solutions for existing products.
- Evaluate third-party software technology for use in our products and determine how to integrate them into new operating environments.
EARLIER POSITION HELD
MICROSOFT CORPORATION | MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Quality Assurance Engineer
IBM RESEARCH CENTER | SAN JOSE CA
IT Support and Specialist
METRICOM, INC | SAN JOSE CA
Quality Assurance Engineer
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, 2003
San Jose State University | San Jose, CA
Program Management | Customer Relationship | Decision Maker| Collaborative leader | Strategic Planning and Implementation | Process Improvement | Requirements Analysis | Team Collaboration | Agile/Scrum Software Design and Development |Quality Assurance | Cross Functional Coordination |Data-driven Execution
Microsoft Office Suite | Jira | Confluence |WebEx | Power Point | WebEx| | Python | C++| Java Visual Studio
All Windows OS including Windows Redstone TH2 and Servers | VMware | Norton Security and Backup Symantec Endpoint Protection | Symantec Unified Protection| Norton Anti-virus |Windows Defender | Perforce
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.