Network Engineer / Architect Resume
|Desired Industry: Information Technology
|Desired Job Location: Anaheim, California
||Date Posted: 6/19/2016
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 2 weeks notice
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To pursue a challenging career, with a company that will allow personal and professional growth, without limiting the opportunity for further enlightenment and enhanced education.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE DETAIL
LAN WAN Professional, Irvine, California Contractor 2014-Present
Company Overview ¡V LAN WAN Professional is a nationwide membership organization of LAN/WAN professionals
including administrators, engineers, consultants, analysts, architects located throughout the continental United States. Responsibilities handled:
• Technical responsibilities included, but are not limited to the configuration, installation, design, and implementation, analysis, testing and troubleshooting for large scale LAN /WAN network infrastructures including network components with routers and switches, security (firewalls), wireless, voice and datacenter technologies.
Canadian Financial Consultant, Inc. Network Systems Manager 2012-2014
Company Overview ¡V Canadian Financial Consultant is a Canadian based company who works in financial engineering and real estate development. Responsibilities handled:
• Responsible for senior administration, software updates/development, hardware implementation/upgrades, documentation/change management and troubleshooting for various networking technologies.
• Technologies handled include routers, switches, WAN infrastructure, and various network based applications.
• Additional responsibilities included client /vendor relationships, verbal and written communications with management, technical and non-technical staff, and task and project management, to name a few.
• Studied and worked on upgrading my CCNA, and acquired CCVP, and CCNP (Routing & Switching) Certifications, then started preparing for the CCIE Written exams, and all was accomplished by self study using Cisco official study materials.
Corporate Networks (NOC & Content Provider) Network Support Analyst 2005-2005
Company Overview ¡V Corporate Networks, located in Fort McMurray, delivers the ideal technology solutions to Alberta businesses through a combination of knowledge, service and experience. They offer Surric, their managed cloud platform, and voice over IP telephone systems cost-effectively connect co-workers, office, partners and customer with rich features and superior uptime. Responsibilities handled:
• Member to a team responsible for 1st and 2nd tier network support and management, design, configuration, installation and troubleshooting, documentation, providing strategies, testing and implementation for various LAN/WAN network infrastructures which include but not limited to Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and PIX firewalls.
• Additional technologies handled include but not limited to servers, network enterprise applications and routing protocols ¡V IS-IS, MPLS and BGP.
• Professional responsibilities included maintenance, administration, and following corporate policies and procedures.
Department of International Development (DFID) IT Manager/IT Network Supervisor 1999-2005
Company Overview ¡V DFID funds many organizations working to end poverty through open competition. Their top priorities are to improve the quality of essential services, protect the most vulnerable, and increase growth through investment in infrastructure, financial services, business development and trade. Responsibilities handled:
• Managed and supervised a team of professionals responsible for the day-to-day support, workarounds, maintaining IT security, and installed, upgraded, merged, and handled troubleshooting activities for various LAN/WAN infrastructures.
• Technologies handled by the team include but not limited to maintenance of the onsite IT infrastructure network operations and system integrity, hardware and software specs, backups, disaster/data recovery, cabling installation, server racks, patch cabling, optimized space usage, VPN link, wireless carrier segment to the internet, point-to-point satellite links, voice and central power supply.
• Special projects included replacing all the hubs with switches that ensured operational efficiency and optimal utilization of LAN bandwidth networked all printers and photocopiers, installed and maintained video conferencing equipment, replaced CyberGuard and BorderManager firewall servers with BorderWare firewall, and finally with Checkpoint firewall.
• Professional responsibilities included mentor, training, IT budget, drafting and updating IT contracts, budgets and Service Level Agreement, IT Recovery Plan, documentation and retention.
Aid Liaison Department, Ministry of Finance Advisor, Data Management 1999-1999
Company Overview ¡V The Ministry of Finance Uganda is responsible for the supervision of the overall financial affairs and budgeting policies for the Republic of Uganda. The principal objective of the Finance Ministry of Uganda is to build a healthy and strong Uganda with the help of steady economic and financial growth. Responsibilities handled:
• Supervised the transfer of Information Technologies resources between clients and vendors.
• Lead for professional projects that included but not limited to client /vendor¡¦s relationships, corporate standards, change management and implementation to systems and network environments.
Certified WAN Professional Program LANWAN Professional
Bachelor of Statistics with Honours in Data Processing, Advanced Programming, Systems Analysis & Design Makerere University
TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS & SKILL SETS
„X Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP
„X Cisco Certified Network Professional ¡V Routing/Switching CCNP ¡V R&S
„X Cisco Certified Voice Professional CCVP
„X Certified WAN Professional CWP
„X Cisco Security Administrator / Data Center Administrator CSA / CDCA
„X Cisco Wireless Technician CWT
„X Cisco Certified Network Associate ¡V Routing/Switching CCNA ¡V R/S
„X Master Certified Novell Engineer MCNE
„X Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer MCSE
„X Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet MCPI
„X Certified Novell Engineer CNE
„X TCP/IP for Networking Professionals TCP/IP
TECHNICAL SKILLS DETAIL
Routing/Switching Products - Cisco Routers (4000/3900/2900/2800/1900/800 ISR, ASR 1k & 9k Series, CRS-1/CRS-3), Cisco Catalyst Switch (6500, 5500, 4900, 4500, 3750, 3560-X, 3100), Cisco Nexus 1kv, 2k, 5k, 7K & 9k Series, Juniper Routers & Switches, HP Routers & Switches, Alcatel/Lucent Routers & Switches (OA 5800/5700 ESR, 7750/7705/7450 SR, OS10k/9000 Series/6900/6860/e).
Routing Protocols & Standards ¡V LAN Technologies ¡V IPv4/v6, Spanning Tree, CDP, Access/Prefix/Distribution/Offset lists, NAT/PAT, RIPv1/v2/ng, OSPFv2/v3, MOSPF, EIGRP/v6, BGP, MPLS, ARP, NHRP, Static/Stub Routing, VLAN/VTP, PIM-SM/DM, MSDP, FHRPs, Route-maps, CEF, Etherchannel, Portfast/Uplinkfast, VSS, WAN Technologies ¡V Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC, Satellite links.
Data Center Technologies - VMware vSphere, vCenter Server Appliance, VMware ESXi Hypervisor, VMware NSX, F5 BIG-IP/Cisco ACE Load Balancers, Cisco AnyConnect VPN management, Riverbed WAN Optimization device management, Meraki cloud based, Rackspace private cloud or public network cloud, 10G/40G Ethernet, FCoE, SAN, LACP, Port-channels, ECMP, Cisco OTV/VXLAN, vPC, Routing and Service Profiles, Cisco Prime DCNM, Cisco UCS, SFP+, NAS/iSCSI, RDX, VDC, UDLD, DWDM, Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
Security/Firewalls Technologies - Cisco Security Manager Suite, Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls, Cisco FWSM, Cisco IPS/IDS, Cisco ACS, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM), BlueCoat /policy, Sonic Wall Router/Firewall combos, Cisco ASA 1000v, Cisco PIX firewall, cloud firewall, Juniper vSRX & SRX series, Protocols & Standards - AAA, TACACS+, RADIUS, SSH, SSL/IPsec L2/L3 VPNs, DMVPN, VPLS, Data Loss Prevention, Data Management Zone, Pretty Good Protection (PGP), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), FlexVPN, Internet Key Exchange Policy, Port Security, MAC Address Filtering.
Voice/Wireless Technologies ¡V T1/E1/E3/BRI/OC3/OC12/OC48/DS3, Products -Cisco WLC, Aironet, Bluetooth, UCCM, UCCE, IP-to-IP Gateway, Avaya AURA Communication Manager, Cisco Voice Gateways/Gatekeepers, Avaya Definity, Avaya IP Office, Protocols & Standards - VoIP, SIP, MGCP, RTP, SCCP, H.323, SRTP, QoS, SRST, PoE, IEEE 802.1x & 802.11, EAP, WLAN, WAP, AP, SSID, LWAPP, CSMA/CA, MMDS, LMDS, CCK, DSSS.
Monitoring/APPS - Zenoss, Finisar, Wireshark, Remedy, PRTG Network Monitor, Cacti, Nagios, VMware, Solarwinds, Riverbed Cascade, Cisco Works, OpNet, LogicMonitor, Cisco Security Manager Suite, Server, Sniffer, Ethereal, Infinistream, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, NTP, RMON, Syslog, tcpdump, DNS, DHCP, FTP, Telnet, HTTP(S), SMTP, SFTP, Spirent, NetFlow.
Network Apps, Languages, Messaging Systems - ArcServe, Veritas, NT Backup, Altris, Ghost, MS Visio Pro, Netformx, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Java, Clipper, dBASE, SAS, Epi Info, SPSS, Novell NetWare 4.11/5.0, Windows 95/98/NT/XP/2000/2003/2008, OS2, SR-OS, Macintosh, CatOS/IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR/NX-OS, Unity/Connection/Express, GroupWise 4.1/5.5, Microsoft, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.