Distribution Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Warehouse/Inventory
|Desired Job Location: Hanover, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 5/10/2016
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: May 16,2016
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Dedicated and meticulous distribution, warehouse and logistics manager with over 25 years of experience excelling at prioritizing, completing multiple materials transportation tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. Flexible and focused team player with expertise in team support, inventory control, warehouse management, cross-functional communications, technical strategies, networking to cultivate relations, managing stock control, accounting, location surveys, cataloging, property utilization, storage, supply chain and operations management, quality control and process improvements. A dependable self-starter seeking to leverage background into a logistics or distribution role with a progressive organization.
Key Plastics, LLC, Felton, PA, 2012-Present
Inventory Control Specialist (May 2015-Present)
• Streamlined operational efficiencies by reviewing all inventory and production processes to improve inventory accuracy and production efficiency.
• Managed and implemented the ADC program to upgrade production recording and material receipt.
• Spearheaded the plant-wide 5S program to optimize plan efficiency, safety, cleanliness and daily production strategy standardization.
• Controlled the plant-wide recycling efforts by removing plastics production residue, corrugated waste and miscellaneous refuse to achieve landfill-free status.
Material Manager (2012-2015)
• Reduced workflow lags by effectively directing all material group personnel, including customer service, warehouse and material procurement.
• Ensured supply met demand by managing inventory levels to meet expected levels and maintain full customer service level.
• Aided senior leadership by preparing daily flash, GOE/KPI, and manning and production schedule reports for corrective action planning.
• Developed the departmental work instructions to facilitate optimal productivity.
• Supported company-wide initiatives to achieve optimal efficiency and profitability.
Osram Sylvania Inc., York PA, 2010-2012
Material Resource Team Leader of Warehouse Operations (2011-2012)
• Supervised all warehouse operations, including receiving, storage, inventory maintenance and outbound shipments to enhance operational performances.
• Managed warehouse inventory levels and purchasing duties for supplies and packaging.
• Coordinated all dock activity, scrap metal reprocessing, and traffic activity to ensure timely project fulfillment.
Material Resource Team Leader (2010-2011)
• Coordinated the product schedules and inventory levels for all external customer base sales items with zero discrepancies to drive retention.
• Planned raw materials, supplies and scheduling for product line to ensure optimal functionality and output.
• Authored weekly, monthly and annual sales and inventory reports to assist management during the executive decision-making process.
• Scheduled deliveries and shipments to meet sales projections and customer requirements.
• Coordinated and managed quality restrictions on rejected raw materials and finished goods to ensure optimal QA.
Pfaltzgraff Distribution Center, York, PA, 2007-2009
Inventory Control Manager
• Minimized project lags by managing the inventory control team to ensure optimal productivity for execution of the cycle count program.
• Generated KPI metrics for senior leadership review to drive continuous improvements.
• Managed inventory at offsite locations while mitigating regulatory risks by preparing and conducting periodic audits to ensure adherence to protocol.
• Recovered $196M in non-standard issue labor and product costs by implementing a process improvement program.
• Reduced loss by analyzing breakage and replacement activity to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Expanded and refined cycle count processes to fit specific work activities and identify potential inventory accuracy improvement opportunities.
• Developed a process control book covering all relative processes within the inventory control department to support team.
• Assisted with facility closure and transition of catalog/web business to new facility.
Dal-Tile Corporation Regional Distribution Center, Eldersburg, MD, 1990-2007
Distribution Control Manager, 1997-2007
• Managed the inventory control team, directing system work flow through WMS application.
• Ensured 100% inventory accuracy in multi-site operation, including 3 buildings with storage space totaling 690K square feet.
• Mitigated regulatory risks by conducting quarterly and annual SOX audits with corporate and external audit teams to ensure compliance with protocol.
• Advised facility manager on logistics, budget, infrastructure and staffing issues through timely resolution.
• Developed all inventory control processes for facility that later became standard for logistics division.
• Executed aggressive cycle count process and submitted proposal to abate future full physical counts in FY02.
• Recognized savings in excess of $225M in labor and expenses.
• Mentored all other divisional inventory control managers on adopting processes to optimize performances.
• Initiated a satellite distribution center in Orlando, Florida to serve regional customers.
• Designed a 225K square-foot annex facility, including storage layout, office set up and systems installation.
• Managed project to realign product storage in main facility and increase daily operational efficiency, including product alignment with shipping areas and centralizing receipt and storage operation.
Training Coordinator, 1997-1997
Home Center Services Manager, 1996-1997
Warehouse Supervisor /Distribution Center Superintendent, 1990-1995
Inventory Control Regulatory Compliance Quality Assurance Quality Control Shipping & Receiving Supplies Strategic Planning Logistics Team Leadership Written & Verbal Communications Multi-Tasking Managing Priorities Data Leadership Reports Process Improvement Record Tracking Scheduling Diverse Culture Collaboration Team Building Project Management Time Management Vendor Relations Analytical Problem Solving Skills MS Office Suite Customer Relationship Management Transportation Protocol Cost Savings New System Implementation SAP 5S AS400 Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Protocols ISO TS Quality Management WMS Applications Multi-Site Operations Cross-Functional Communications
Associate in the Arts in Literature, Arts, and Sciences, Penn State University, York, PA
Business Administration and Information Systems Coursework Completed, York College, York, PA
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.