|Desired Industry: Counseling
|Desired Job Location: Queens, New York
||Date Posted: 6/2/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: July 2006
|Desired Wage: 35,000yrly
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Summary Motivated and resourceful individual with proven ability, diverse and versatile skills and an unlimited curiosity to explore and master new ideas, methods and technology. Hard working, responsible, self-driven and fun oriented professional with excellent communication and managerial skills.
Community Association of Progressive Dominicans, New York, NY October 2000 - Present
• Accountable for obtaining and providing attendance reports.
• Provide group and individual counseling services to students ages 11-18 for attendance, grade, and behavior improvement as well as support services.
• Responsible in keeping Anecdotal, telephone, home visit logs.
• Perform office duties such as filing, faxing, copy, memos, and telephones.
• Responsible for training all new staff members.
• Coordinates all activities including award ceremonies, holiday celebrations, parent/student workshops, and trips.
• Provide assistance to students in homework and academic studies in after-school.
• Teach computer classes to adults in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, World Wide Web, and employment preparation.
Department of Education, Brooklyn, NY October 1999 - October 2000
• Assist in lunch services to maintain order in cafeteria.
• Performed general office duties including filing, faxing, copy, and heavy volume telephones.
Patient Care, Bronx, NY September 1996 - August 1998
Home Health Aide
• Performed physical and occupational therapy.
• Responsible to check temperature, pressure, pulse, and respiratory.
• Care for adults and children performing various duties including cooking, cleaning, and personal care.
Hostos Community College, Bronx, NY
• Registered in the N.Y. State Of Children and Family Services.
• Fingerprinted and cleared by the NYS Department of education.
• Certified Child Abuse Prevention Reporter.
Certificates & Trainings
• Group Facilitation with Adolescents.
• Reflective Listening and Effective Counseling Skills.
• Engaging and Involving Families.
• Adolescents and Truancy.
• Mental Illness and related Issues.
• Child Abuse and Maltreatment.
• Youth Development Concepts and Principles.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.